Re-Scripted Systems from LOG 1 ?

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Mysterious

Re-Scripted Systems from LOG 1 ?

Post by Mysterious » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:36 am

Hi guys. I just wanted to know if the following System that were in LOG 1 will be re-scripted.

1 - Search On Floor, Boulder Pit, MAM.
Author: Ardtru

2 - Note Book.
Author: John Wordsworth

3 - Leki's Monster from LOG 1

4 - Log Journal.
Author: sorry I cant remember.:(

5 - Grimwidgets (Because of the Dialog system it has to offer, you can have dialogs pop for things like question etc....)
Author's: sorry I cant remember.:(

6 - Log Framework. (Because it offered all the hooks you needed.)
Author's: sorry I cant remember.:(

I hope the these systems will be re-scripted but looking at the Code in the original systems....well...it's a big ask. Anyway I just thought to ask will at some point would these good coders redo these systems thxs :)

Komag

Re: Re-Scripted Systems from LOG 1 ?

Post by Komag » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 pm

I'm sure stuff like those will be redone, but some of those are HUGE complex systems, so it might be a while
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play

JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:21 pm

I'm definitely planning on re-building the notebook :). I have some thoughts about a nice UI system too (similar to grim widgets) but can't promise anything on that front as the GMT2 will come first (and then maybe even my own mod!).
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi. Thank you for the replys Komag and John :) Yes you are right Komag they are complex systems but it would be awesome to have them in LOG 2. John looking forward to GMT2 I used your 1st version a lot a very good and well needed program. I do hope you decide to make a dialog system that would be so cool :), but 1st things 1st. I don't remember you making a Mod in LOG1, if you did what was it called? Thxs again

Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:58 pm

Perhaps I will make a LoG2 version of the Tome Library (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3338) as well.

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:32 am

Ixnatifual wrote:Perhaps I will make a LoG2 version of the Tome Library (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3338) as well.
Yes I used your Tomes and they were cool and gave me lots of ideas thxs for that :) Cant wait to see what you come up with next mate.

akroma222

Post by akroma222 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:24 am

Perhaps I will make a LoG2 version of the Tome Library (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3338) as well.
The Tomes were great!! I used many of them and versions of them in my mod :D
We will definitely need a new Library, happy to throw some ideas in the mix too

I am kind of dreading but still strangely excited about converting Grimrock 1 content over to the new system
Hopefully it wont be too tricky :)
We will have heaps of converted content soon enough

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:13 am

OMG Akroma you replied I played your Mod and dam so awesome the amount of effort you put in to it was.... like out of this world mann....sigh...deep breath here.. sorry but I saw your Scripts in the Source Mod and imam like is this like the rest of the stuff imam looking at... different language....:) Bro don't give in... I cant wait to see what you come up with next mate... Ill have to study that for a year or 2 .

Man I am learning so much now my Brain is getting sore but worth it, I hope all the old Scripters come together as one now and share everything :)

On the OMG side I have used everything you made but LOG 2 came out and :( I feel it's wasted. Thxs to u I am inspired.

AdrTru

Post by AdrTru » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:21 am

I want to rebuild my LOG1 mods.
But I need scripting reference for it.
My LOG2 projects: virtual money, Forge recipes, liquid potions and
MultiAlcoveManager, Toolbox, Graphic text,

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:25 am

Thxs Ardtru for your reply, one of the best scripters in here wow I feel good now thxs