Walls & Floors

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
zeltak

Walls & Floors

Post by zeltak » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:20 am

Ok, now I'm feeling stupid. I can't figure out how to use walls. I mean eg. if I have dungeon floor and wanted to have for example tomb walls around it I don't know how to do it. I choose tomb walls and paint them around the floor, but the walls are still dungeon walls. I tried different configurations and always it displays the walls based on the floor..

Skuggasveinn

Re: Walls & Floors

Post by Skuggasveinn » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:13 am

the brushes are a set, so if you are painting with the dungeon_floor brush you will get the dungeon walls and the ceiling also.
Some brushes behave differently like the castle_arena_floor, it only paints the floor but removes the ceiling and walls leaving a void behind.

If you want to mix (for now) you choose the brush set that will have the majority of the assets you need , in your case choose the tomb_floor, paint the room with the tomb_floor and then go to the assets browser and find dungeon_floor_01,(its the other dungeon floor I know, but that's the only one we have atm) manually place that floor over the tomb floor, it will replace the tomb floor with the dungeon tile floor but leave the walls and ceiling in place.

Like with so many other things, when AH releases the scripting reference we will be able to see the code behind the brush sets, and then you can define your own brush that uses the assets you want (like dungeon floor but with tomb walls and what you choose for pillars and ceilings)

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.

zeltak

Re: Walls & Floors

Post by zeltak » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Alright. Thank you.