Changing your portrait while in game

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
7Soul

Changing your portrait while in game

Post by 7Soul »

I'm trying to change the portrait through the console. I already have the .tga images on Portraits folder

This seems to be the code, but no parameter seem to work
party.party:getChampion(1):setPortrait("")
Skuggasveinn

Re: Changing your portrait while in game

Post by Skuggasveinn »

If you are talking about a mod you are making then the portrait needs to be inside your mod_assets folder ("mod_assets/portraits")
Then the command works , you simple type the full mod_assets path to your portrait

e.g.
party.party:getChampion(1):setPortrait("mod_assets/portraits/mypic.tga") -- I just did this and it works.

If you are talking about the main campaign then I think (and I could be wrong) that you can't call something that's outside the asset folder of the main campaign.
you could call the portraits that are predefined within the game, given that you know there file names, but I don't think you can call for a picture that's laying in your portraits folder under "documents/almost human/Legend of Grimrock 2/portraits" , that's something you can only to when creating a new party.

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

Yeah I wanted to change the portraits of the party members of the main mission I'm playing. I named them after friends and now that I saw the portrait tutorial I figured I'd replace the portraits with pictures of them
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Skuggasveinn wrote:If you are talking about the main campaign then I think (and I could be wrong) that you can't call something that's outside the asset folder of the main campaign.
You can do this but you have to give the fullpath to your custom portrait as parameter.

Code: Select all

party.party:getChampion(n):setPortrait("/Users/<your user profile name>/Documents/Almost Human/Legend of Grimrock 2/Portraits/your_custom_portrait.tga")