For those unfamiliar with the idea - the One Room Round Robin dungeons bring together modders new and old to create a fun and exciting dungeon. The core premise is that every designer gets a limited amount of space, so taking part is accessible to everyone - even if you've never modded before! A few of us have been chatting on Skype, and a very rough early idea is presented below...
- Before we start, someone will sketch out a basic map with a couple of over-ground areas and a few underground areas. It will be split into rooms which can be claimed on a 'first come first served' basis.
- As a rough starting point - the map could have around 2 out-door 'floors' split into zones about 14x14 squares big (and potentially 2 floors high in areas). Then there could be around 10-15 in-door areas (sticking with the classic 9x9x3 area) that will make up a couple of dungeons / other areas.
- There's interest in having a loose, overall plot - so while you would be free to do what you like with your room, each area will have a theme and we might ask you to place an item in your room somewhere etc.
- Apart from a definite start and end - the idea is to keep the world as open as possible. So most rooms in the middle area can be visited at any time!
- In keeping with the previous ORRRs - there will likely be a deadline of 'a few days to a week' for each room. So that it actually gets finished! But you can obviously prototype your room before it's your turn with the Dungeon file.
Any and all ideas welcome. If you've never modded before, please don't worry! There are many friendly people to help you make your dream and doing just a single room is as much work as you want it to be (big or small!).