Changing the size of the HUD and inventory.

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Webzerb

Changing the size of the HUD and inventory.

Post by Webzerb »

Hi

Im using GeDoSaTo to downscale the resolution from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080, unfortunately the HUD and inventory also scales down in size.
The HUD gets kinda tiny at 2560x1440, although i dont find it troublesome to use at that resolution.
The thing is, I want to downscale it from an even higher resolution, maybe 3840x2160 or 5120x2880.
But at that scale the HUD gets so small that its impossible to read notes or draw spells.

Im sure there's a way to change it, but it will require some people that are interested in achieving this and has the skills to code.
Im inept at coding, so I dont know how hard it will be to accomplish.

Goddamn, it looks so crisp and good at those resolutions :)
SnowyOwl47

Re: Changing the size of the HUD and inventory.

Post by SnowyOwl47 »

Webzerb wrote:Hi

Im using GeDoSaTo to downscale the resolution from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080, unfortunately the HUD and inventory also scales down in size.
The HUD gets kinda tiny at 2560x1440, although i dont find it troublesome to use at that resolution.
The thing is, I want to downscale it from an even higher resolution, maybe 3840x2160 or 5120x2880.
But at that scale the HUD gets so small that its impossible to read notes or draw spells.

Im sure there's a way to change it, but it will require some people that are interested in achieving this and has the skills to code.

First of all this isn't anything about mod creation is it? So its in the wrong category, but any way there is no way to fix that D:
Webzerb

Post by Webzerb »

SnowyOwl47 wrote:
Webzerb wrote:Hi

First of all this isn't anything about mod creation is it? So its in the wrong category, but any way there is no way to fix that D:
I daresay it is.
My core question is about changing the HUD, which I would consider a utility mod.
SnowyOwl47

Post by SnowyOwl47 »

I daresay it is.
My core question is about changing the HUD, which I would consider a utility mod.
I'm afraid that we don't know much about scripting yet and a don't think they're will be an easy way it would probably take lots of coding to do so!
Webzerb

Post by Webzerb »

I'm afraid that we don't know much about scripting yet and a don't think they're will be an easy way it would probably take lots of coding to do so!
Thought so, but then again the game has only been out for a few days.
Maybe in time we'll get the option to scale the HUD.
I can only imagine that people would rather play the game, than tinkering with it, for now... :roll: