[MOD] [WIP] Dawn of Lore

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
KadoDragon

Re: [MOD] [WIP] Dawn of Lore

Post by KadoDragon »

Rawulf Samurai huh? Someone's a Wizardry fan. ;)
Sorez

Post by Sorez »

Those are some extremely beautiful environmental assets. Will definitely use them for future maps (when they're ready for download), not including the Tomb of Sorez 2, which im currently making.
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

errr and as usual Leki is back with a vengeance lol. He has created some of the best Models for LOG 1 if know one remembers, also I cant wait to see if Gerrmany releases Dm Pack 3 .....again.... well lets hope so :)
Leki

Post by Leki »

I'm working on some distant scene object tests. This is Lake of Dawn, bordered by rocky mountains. As you can see, scene is in early testing phase. I have to figure out how to set up scene objects to prevent rendering glitches etc. But well, first results are promising, so I hope, I will share more info soon.
SpoilerShow
Lake of Dawn v.01:
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

Hi Leki I made a river and lake did you use the Beach water in your lake as I did? Your lake looks awesome by the way :)
Leki

Post by Leki »

Mysterious wrote:Hi Leki I made a river and lake did you use the Beach water in your lake as I did?

I don't know in what way you used Beach water :-)
I have customized ocean model (I wanna it deeper, so you can walk underwater) for lake and watter tiles to get sounds when you walk on the beach and reflection when you walk underwater. It's not solved yet, I got some glitches so I'm looking for what can be done...
Last edited by Leki on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dawn of Lore
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

Oh man that's what I wanted to do, I hope you get it right and let us know how you did it :) Thxs for reply.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Leki wrote:
Mysterious wrote:Hi Leki I made a river and lake did you use the Beach water in your lake as I did?

I have customized ocean model (I wanna it deeper, so you can walk underwater) for lake and watter tiles to get sounds when you walk on the beach and reflection when you walk underwater. It's not solved yet, I got some glitches so I'm looking for what can be done...
are you able customize to make surface of the beach water not so "wild" ? I need some calmer water for lakes etc. Also did you found out how to custoimize size of the beach object so it will be not over half of the map ?
btw that rocky mountains seems promising so far !
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Leki

Post by Leki »

Drakkan wrote:
Leki wrote:

are you able customize to make surface of the beach water not so "wild" ? I need some calmer water for lakes etc. Also did you found out how to custoimize size of the beach object so it will be not over half of the map ?
btw that rocky mountains seems promising so far !

In some limited way. In general I made tesalated polygon, imported obj in GMT and added material "ocean_water" (this one tooks some time to hit the material name...). Then i made custom object based on beach ocean:

Code: Select all

defineObject{
	name = "dow_water_test",
	baseObject = "beach_ocean",
	components = {
      {
		class = "Model",
		model = "mod_assets/plugins/dow_island_lake/models/dow_water_test.fbx",
      },
	},
	placement = "floor",
	editorIcon = 264,
	tags = { "env", "water", "Dawn of Lore" },
}
So it's simple I guess and you can do your own tests.
Dawn of Lore
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Rawulf Samurai huh? Someone's a Wizardry fan. ;)
is exactly what I was going to say :D

Awesome work Leki!