Editor Tutorials on YouTube - part 14 is out

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Kuro01

Re: Editor Tutorials on YouTube - part 13 is out

Post by Kuro01 »

Hey there, I'm trying to get blender to recognize GR2 but I keep failing. I just started using the program so I'm
very new at it. I looked over the Tutorial #11 instruction . I went to http://pastebin.com/5S0a32FL#
to copy and convert the file to (.py) python using (Sublime) text editor and put it in the blender/2.71/scripts/addons folder but it won't recognize the file in the import-export section.Did a search all got nothing to. I suspect it should be named (Legend of Grimrock 2 Model Format). It recognizes all the default python files that came with blender. Is there another setting in blender I need to tweak? Can someone help please?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

There is a download link on the pastebin page that allows direct saving of the python script.
(Alternatively, there is a toolbar button to copy the script to the clipboard, and that can be pasted and saved.)

AFAIK the path you list is correct. If I had to guess, it is that some bit of the file was missed, and is causing an error. I have used the script in Blender 2.71 to load models.

*But when it comes to exporting them (even unchanged!) Blender hangs indefinitely for me. :(
Is there some trick to it? (I mean some very specific selection that must be made before exporting?)
Kuro01

Post by Kuro01 »

I fixed it. Overlooked something
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Kuro01 wrote:I fixed it. Overlooked something
Ah... I've forgotten to enable addons before. ;)
quadgamer

Post by quadgamer »

I watched all of your tutorials. Great job. So easy to follow and understand. Have you made any custom dungeons? And, are your 3D models available anywhere besides having to pay for a Nexus sub?
minmay

Post by minmay »

quadgamer wrote:I watched all of your tutorials. Great job. So easy to follow and understand. Have you made any custom dungeons? And, are your 3D models available anywhere besides having to pay for a Nexus sub?
http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/users ... mods&pUp=1
You do not need to pay for a Nexus subscription to download or upload mods. You just have to make an account, which doesn't cost anything.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Skuggasveinn

Re: Editor Tutorials on YouTube - part 14 is out

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Hi.

I added a short tutorial about Occluders seeing how important they are when levels start to get complex.
https://youtu.be/xAj65MM2lww

kind regards.
Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.