Editor Tutorials on YouTube - part 14 is out

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
blob

Re: Editor Tutorials on YouTube - part 12 is out

Post by blob »

Ah! Thanks a ton to the two of you! :)

I now understand my confusion with name and Ids, thanks.

surface.surface:contents() does work too btw! But now I'm confused as to why the example from the tutorial is missing the reference and seemed to be working for Skugga.
QuintinStone

Post by QuintinStone »

blob wrote:Ah! Thanks a ton to the two of you! :)

I now understand my confusion with name and Ids, thanks.

surface.surface:contents() does work too btw! But now I'm confused as to why the example from the tutorial is missing the reference and seemed to be working for Skugga.
Me too! I had trouble with coding surfaces because contents() is not listed in the reference. :?
Crypt of Zulfar
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Thanks for kind words.

I've not done a tut in some time but I'm far from "gone" (got a PM asking if I was gone from LoG2 modding :D )
I've just been working on some things like waterfalls, you can take a look at them here http://youtu.be/96v6ZV2R14I

I've also been working on a urban town creating kit, it's a model set that uses the existing log2 models and textures and lets you create houses, its modular so you can create any layout, multible floors etc.
Since its all existing stuff its footprint size has minimal impact on your mods size.
Screen of a house is here http://www.zorglubb.net/grimrock/images ... ouse_2.jpg

but just wanted to jump in and say I'm far from gone :D
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
Batty

Post by Batty »

That waterfall is excellent, I know this because watching it is making me thirsty. :)
TheLastOrder

Post by TheLastOrder »

We want the waterfalls. Really. We need them. I promise a special credit for it.
I need that waterfall just to finish my dungeon. Only that waterfall. Not joking. xD
TSotP

Post by TSotP »

That waterfall is just...

...wow!
Ciccipicci

Post by Ciccipicci »

Those pics make me very happy!
Grimfan

Post by Grimfan »

I had to log in just to say how great that waterfall looks Skuggs. It looks as good as any Skyrim modded waterfall. :D

Between this, your modular town set, your snowy weather scenes and your ankle-deep water you must have quite a folio of modded LOG 2 work. I certainly can't wait to see some public releases from you. ;)
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

That waterfall is amazing work!
minmay

Post by minmay »

I bet it would look even better with displacement mapping (look at the wall_fire material).
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.