Making outdoor areas

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
RixSolstice

Making outdoor areas

Post by RixSolstice »

I'm having a heck of a time right now, I've been toying with the LOG2 editor (awesome that they shipped the game with it!)

For the life of me though, I can't seem to make an outdoor area. I put forest walls and such in, and I get total darkness. I can't find where to place light, or to change to an outdoor construction set.

I guess I should check wiki, yeah, but is it updated for working with the Grimrock 2 dungeon maker?
Skuggasveinn

Re: Making outdoor areas

Post by Skuggasveinn »

I will post some tutorials for that in a few in its own thread, hold on for 5min :D
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
RixSolstice

Post by RixSolstice »

Skuggasveinn wrote:I will post some tutorials for that in a few in its own thread, hold on for 5min :D
Holy crap, quick response for the win.
Malcom347

Post by Malcom347 »

I figured it out for the most part;

You need a [forest_day_sky] within the region, as well as a [forest_heightmap]

Then you can go into your tile editor, select 'heightmap' and go to town with making the terrain wibbly wobbly!

Water requires a [water_surface] to appear, and be sure to have its ceiling match the tiles next to it, and its floor to be at least [-1]
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

Now we just need some of Odins Balls objects ported over to this editor and we can have a city or the assets from LOTNR from mysblade and friends and we are in. Imagine what we can do now, it will be awesome imam sure guys.