Dense Forest Tileset For SuperGPU

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
bongobeat

Dense Forest Tileset For SuperGPU

Post by bongobeat »

Hey all, happy new year

it's christmas time:

You remembered the old school rpg like, with outside level, forest style?
All walls, trees, details, etc... which we're hand made? 3d was a legend then that couldn't be in a 3.5" floppy disk
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
This is an attempt to make a small tileset, grimrock style, with flat "wall-not-hand-painted" and 3d oaks to agrement the thing, and of course, a nice and happy object that will make cry your GPU.

In the object's definition, there is some quoted lines, this was make to remove a few animation, to reduce overral graphic usage of those who don't have the next gen 9855545457575 GTX CPKZ card.

In there, loose all hope, and enter a forest where you may never see the sky again.

Some screenshots:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Depend of the size of a level, and without the use of a custom sky that adds fog around the party, things can get really crazy for cheap graphic cards like voodoo 3dfx.
The forest walls consists of a flat wall, using the forest_hedge material (also you can use a better size texture), a few ivy/mushrooms, then a few forest_oak with/without animation.

There is no additional textures or model, all comes from LOG2 asset pack.

the tileset:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/43jlqgqcdszih ... t.rar?dl=0
Last edited by bongobeat on Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
ratman

Re: Dense Forest Tileset For SuperGPU

Post by ratman »

This looks really good, but I have one question. Since there is no additional model or texture, why couldn't you just copy and past the tile defenition?
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

Really like how you made this. It gave me a new idea for a cave version of sorts...
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

I really like this, reminds me of the one I did for "The Elder of Murwynd Woods" for LoG1, that also was inspired by Lands of Lore 1, but this one looks a lot better then the one I made back then ;)
ratman wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:14 pm This looks really good, but I have one question. Since there is no additional model or texture, why couldn't you just copy and past the tile defenition?
His tiles are pointing towards a custom wall objects, sure he could have pasted both the tiles and object code but then we would all miss out on this level demoing the use, and I for one like that a lot, I just need to fire up his dungeon and check it out, not build something myself :D

kind regards.
Skuggasveinn
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

that's correct,

i've made a small demo level, better this way, couldn't post that on the thread.

Well, i could have posted the dungeon.lua but i'm not sure it would accept so much characters haha
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505