STUCK

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
RayB

STUCK

Post by RayB »

In the ORRR3 mod there is a place below the Twisted Forest in the dungeon area where there is a tavern rat-ling wanting some cheese. For the heck of it I tried to give him some but no matter where I place it he says he can't find any cheese. Is there some way you can give it to him so he will leave?

The more serious question concerns the blob spitting daemon head in the same area, and its receptor. The receptor is blocked by barrels which need to be destroyed so the blob can get to it. There is only one spot at the same elevation the barrels are on where you could destroy them but it is blocked by a wooden mine wall entity. Checking the mod reveals a script which is called by the receptor that the blob hits. This script function destroys the mine wall and activates two magic bridges allowing the party to travel to the platform the barrels are on.

The problem is this: In order to destroy the mine wall, the blob must hit the receptor which is blocked by the barrels which are protected by the mine wall. A vicious circle. I can find no way to clear the path for the blob.

Can anyone help me out?
Dr.Disaster

Re: STUCK

Post by Dr.Disaster »

On the ratling:
Simply have cheese in your inventory and talk to him.

On the receptor:
What exactly is your problem here? Destroy the barrel with ranged attacks or magic.
All you need to do is time your attacks between jumping and falling.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:08 pm All you need to do is time your attacks between jumping and falling.
...at the right spot...
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by RayB »

Ok. But the only place I can see to side step from is a mine support ceiling two tiles back and one tile over from the barrels and I can find no way to get on the ceiling.

As far as jumping (I assume you mean with the 'J' key), it only works in the previewer, not in the exported game!
THOM

Post by THOM »

No need to "jump"!

It's that ceiling. And there is a way to get on it. Think about, how.
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by RayB »

I will try to come up with a way to get on the ceiling. As far as the jumping with the 'J' key goes, is there a way to get that to happen in the game? Is it normal that it only works in the previewer or do I have something configured wrong?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

It's scripted to happen in the ORRR3, in the editor preview; it's not a normal feature. It is a dev/testing convenience.
RayB

Post by RayB »

OK. Thank you. Good to know.