Some Questions about Scripting and Crashing

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Masterluck

Some Questions about Scripting and Crashing

Post by Masterluck »

Hi,
I'm working on a mod and have some question about scripting and the editor itself.

1. When I place a pillar at the southern edge of the map the editor crashes because of icaid map coordinates. I found a 6 yeasr old post about that and a solution which suggests to put the item one tile away from the edge and then turn it. But when you turn a pillar it doesn't move anywhere. Is there any way to place a pillar at the southern or eastern edge of the map?

2. I would like to add a puzzle similar to the dancing puzzle in the main game, but I don't know how to track movement and position of the party. Is there any code example for that? Let's say the party stands on a tile facing north and when they turn twice left or right something should happen, how could I do that? Also how could I spawn something at the party position? I already tried to store the position in a variable and use this variable elsewhere, but that ddoesn't work at all.

3. I have a walltext that I would like to place on a secret door in the dungeon tileset. But the text isn't visible. You can click it but you can't see it. Is it possible to move the text a bit so that it isn't covered by the door anymore?

4. I would like to use a ladder as level exit. I built some things to make it feel like a level exit but it all didn't work out quite right. The party doesn't end up where they should, the ladder seem to work after the level exit so that the party falls and other problems. Does anyone have a good idea for a ladder exit?

5. I would like to play an alarm sound when the party gets on a specific tile. In general it works quite fine but the game crashes when I use the horn sound because it's stereo. So in the game they use these sound files, so what's the trick?^^

Thanks in advance! :)
Lukas
Zo Kath Ra

Re: Some Questions about Scripting and Crashing

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Masterluck wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:28 pm Hi,
I'm working on a mod and have some question about scripting and the editor itself.

1. When I place a pillar at the southern edge of the map the editor crashes because of icaid map coordinates. I found a 6 yeasr old post about that and a solution which suggests to put the item one tile away from the edge and then turn it. But when you turn a pillar it doesn't move anywhere. Is there any way to place a pillar at the southern or eastern edge of the map?
This post?
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8337

Solution:
"What should work fine is changing the position of the model in 3D space. Define your own pillar object and align it to the bottom right corner of the square instead of the top left."

I don't know anything about modelling, maybe someone else can help you here.