upside down map

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
kelly1111

Re: upside down map

Post by kelly1111 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:13 pm

Simply Brilliant Isaac. !!

minmay

Post by minmay » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:18 pm

Isaac wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:27 am
*It is possible to manually flip all of the walls as individual objects, of course...but they would have to be redefined as custom walls without minimalSaveState, because they would each lose their changes when the game is reloaded. In theory...just loop through all of the affected objects, and using the setRotationAngles(), and setOffset() methods of each model and occluder components should easily flip them 180°; that's not how it's done on this map though.
If you know which objects you're flipping, you can always just repeat the transformation on every reload. I think the big limitation here is that a lot of Components just don't handle rotation gracefully (or at all).
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.

Pompidom

Post by Pompidom » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:16 am

Since G1mp offers many tilesets, I will simply choose 1 set exclusively for worldrotationangles and set minimal savestate to false on the walls and objects used in the mirror dimension. That should fix it. I only plan to use this mirror in a few select and very small locations like a house in the clip I showed.