Vanblam Resource Packs - Red Cave - Beta 0.3

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Willigamer

Re: Vanblam Resource Packs - Red Cave - Beta 0.2

Post by Willigamer »

It’s really awesome what you've done and what you're still doing ! :)
I have also tested Beta 0.2 and it’s true that it’s something quite unique that you’re doing, I really think that this resource packs/assets will please many modders... Very curious to see the final result because we are only at version 0.3 :lol:

Will you make new monsters? With all these environments you've made, there might be a broad idea of new monsters to create. ;)
"Always become the one you are, be the master and the sculptor of yourself"
My LoG2 Mods :
  • Legend of Island : Coming Soon
  • Sanctuary Antique : One day maybe...
vanblam

Re: Vanblam Resource Packs - Red Cave - Beta 0.2

Post by vanblam »

Willigamer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:59 pm It’s really awesome what you've done and what you're still doing ! :)
I have also tested Beta 0.2 and it’s true that it’s something quite unique that you’re doing, I really think that this resource packs/assets will please many modders... Very curious to see the final result because we are only at version 0.3 :lol:

Will you make new monsters? With all these environments you've made, there might be a broad idea of new monsters to create. ;)
Thanks Willi, Yea my goal for this set is to remove as much uniformity as possible, I know is most cases there is not much you can do about it, but I think so far its coming out as I visioned :). I'm assuming around Beta 0.4 it will be complete, due to feature creep lol.

As far as new creatures, that is a whole new domain for me :P. But later on ill give it a try that's for sure. Thanks to the community it will be easier to accomplish. (eg: minmays modification to bitcpy's blender import/exporter, much easier to do animations now http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... uggasveinn)
vanblam

Re: Vanblam Resource Packs - Red Cave - Beta 0.3

Post by vanblam »

Uploaded Beta 0.3. Bunch of new content and changed a lot of things. I'm hoping just one more update and it will be complete. Change log at the top.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Still impressiv. And I like the new assets you've added.

Some feedback:
- the new trees are obstacles but misses an automap-icon
- the new house has door-icons instead of wall-icons on the automap
- your keys have not the trait "key". That means the "wrong key" sound is not played if you put it on a lock
- the appearing swimming bridge on the lava does not have to have the magic bridge particles IMO
- maybe you want to add an automap icon for the lava? The water tiles seem to be wrong somehow ...
- rc_lock_01_pillar_2a_center can't be operated if placed on the left of the player - that's confusing

And one new idea you may want to realize: a spell-shooter.
THOM formaly known as tschrage
vanblam

Post by vanblam »

THOM wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:04 pm Still impressiv. And I like the new assets you've added.

Some feedback:
- the new trees are obstacles but misses an automap-icon
- the new house has door-icons instead of wall-icons on the automap
- your keys have not the trait "key". That means the "wrong key" sound is not played if you put it on a lock
- the appearing swimming bridge on the lava does not have to have the magic bridge particles IMO
- maybe you want to add an automap icon for the lava? The water tiles seem to be wrong somehow ...
- rc_lock_01_pillar_2a_center can't be operated if placed on the left of the player - that's confusing

And one new idea you may want to realize: a spell-shooter.
Awesome thanks for the feedback THOM.
- I will fix the auto map icons and I think I can design the lava one ( good idea, didn't think of that :) )
- Yea I wasn't a big fan of the effect around the floating bridge either.
- The key thing should be a quick fix.
- OMG I did forget about the spell-shooters O.o ..
- Any ideas on how to make that pillar lock work on either side? (besides maxDistance )
Badgert

Post by Badgert »

Good day!
And can you add an element to the game by analogy with floor_corpse, only instead of dirt make a pool of blood (bloody spray)?
In some situations, such an element would be very appropriate ...
Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

Yes I must admit I love this set along with mins G1MP but I have to give a lot of sets lol. Still this set is awesome ty very much.
vanblam

Post by vanblam »

Been working on some background assets, I have a set of mountains that have the option to rotate to one of the 4 sides to help create the illusion of mountain ranges ( each side is offset 90 units back (30 squares) ) . I built a castle in the middle of the mountain ranges, adds as a nice background filler :). (you have the option to disable it as well)

Example picture:

Day Time:
vanblam

Post by vanblam »

Added some statues and wall extenders for more elaborate designs. The mountains are also finished, they contain a castle, trees, bushes and ruins (that can be disabled if desired). Beta 0.4 almost complete. :)

vanblam

Post by vanblam »

Hey guys I know its been a while since I posted, have a few other projects going on that needed my attention. But I will be finishing Red Cave in November. I've added many many LOD's to models, created statues and redesigned a few trees. Today I finished my shooter and receptor :D. I have also been working on the regular dungeon style that does not use (builder = "mine").