torches on monsters

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Pompidom

torches on monsters

Post by Pompidom »

In my mod I try to eliminate Experience gained from monsters completely.
I also eliminated torches and the light spell in my mod. You will not find any torches.

Therefor everything is done with static light sources and creepy dungeons are illuminated by all sorts of lanterns, candles and other eery looking magical light sources.

I just figured out that I can create Skeleton Troopers using a burning torch as right hand weapon which I was looking for thanks to MinMay's G1MP.

At the same time Zimber's assets contains individual custom monster.lua files which are really helpful as you can simply remove the Exp line so when the monster dies, no exp gain message is displayed which is the the most optimal. I was using a clunky method before that gave the "0xp" message when a default monsters was killed, but I want to get rid of that mechanic, so the only obvious solution is to simply create custom monster files like Zimber did for every single default enemy I would like to use.

Zimber managed to create human knights from the skeleton trooper.

Now the main goal would be to create:
1: a custom skeleton trooper with a torch as weapon which offers no exp and doesn't drop torches when it dies. (right now it drops a torch)
2: a custom human knight from zimber with a torch instead of a sword. So i can let them patrol the streets/town and guard towers/gates.

Can this be achieved with some help? :)
Pompidom

Re: torches on monsters

Post by Pompidom »

I changed G1's monster file so that the troopers don't give exp and don't drop their weapons no matter what weapon it is.

A "torcher" however has nearly 0 accuracy and almost 0 damage even against a lvl 1 party.

No matter how high i set the values of the accuracy line on both basic attacks and turn attacks, it's accuracy stays the same.
It's damage however I can simply set higher adding a +xx number

How can I solve this?