Object id suddenly doesn't exist in inventory :/

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
TheAdder

Re: Object id suddenly doesn't exist in inventory :/

Post by TheAdder »

Can anyone help with this one, please?

I've created a force-field alcove by placing a force field on the same square as a wall with an alcove in it. This works remarkably well and looks really cool - you get an ordinary looking wall, with an alcove covered in a shimmering field. By turning off the Clickable box for the alcove, you can't remove items until the clickable property is enabled in code.

What I want is a dispel force field spell. The user casts it, and the force field disappears. This would have to be a spell which simply affected the square in front of the party as I suspect a projectile spell would just hit the wall in which the force field is hidden. The spell needs to just search the square in front of the party looking for force_field objects and destroying any it finds.

I have no experience with creating spells, so can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.