What is this ERROR.

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Mysterious

What is this ERROR.

Post by Mysterious »

Hi all.

I loaded up G2 today and got this error:
warning! [string "ModSystem.lua"]:0: File not found: mod_assest/dungeon_manifest.bin

What does it mean and how do I fix it?

EDIT: I re-installed G2 in Steam and I get the same Error again. I really have a bad feeling about this and I cannot even export my mod. Even when im in the editor the same error comes up as well as on the main menu screen. It only happened today.

All this work I put into the Mod now its wasted wow I feel so sad :cry:
Isaac

Re: What is this ERROR.

Post by Isaac »

Is this in editor, or in game? Does LoG2 not load the main menu?
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

I think it may have something to do with the (4gb_patch) I used on the grimrock2.exe file. What I did was went back to the Original grimrock2.exe without the patch and exported my mod for testing. That's when the error occurred. So I used the patched file again and now I can export my mod.

So now if anyone wants to play my Mod the have to use 4gb_patch on their grimrock2.exe and do what I did eg:

1 - copy the original file and then rename it to grimrock2_org.exe and you have two copies of the same file but, the second one is called grimrock2.exe which is now patched.

I don't really know if it is the patched file or something else.

Yes in the editor and also of the title screen the error appears.

EDIT: So Im allowed to send the patch program with my Mod and then explain to the use they have to the run the 4gb_patch program and change their grimrock2.exe. I cannot send the patched grimrock2.exe file to anyone as I think that's a copyright thing?
minmay

Post by minmay »

http://www.grimrock.net/modding_log1/mo ... age-terms/
Running the mod must require an original copy of Legend of Grimrock 1 or Legend of Grimrock 2. Running the mod may not require, or perform, any modifications to the original game installation.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

How did you manage to make a mod that is somehow so much larger and heavier than the entire base game that it requires a custom .exe?

Too many custom assets? Too many dynamic elements? Bad view distances with a lot of triangles on screen?
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

So your saying Minmay that my Mod is useless then because the player will have to use the Patch Program?

EDIT: Its ok now I sent my Mod to a mate of mine and his g2 file is original with no patch. I just sent him the (dat file) nothing else and my Mod is running without any problems.

So now I can continue making my Mod without copyright issues. My Mod is 540mb's atm not including the normal assests. I will trim this even further when the Mod is completed and ill get rid of textures etc... that im not using. It will be half the size as I don't use a lot of the origin assets.

Please don't give me a hard time on the size like I mentioned it will be half of the 540mbs = 270mbs.

Thank you for your help :)
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Mysterious wrote:Please don't give me a hard time on the size like I mentioned it will be half of the 540mbs = 270mbs.
The LoG1 Steam code required that the mod be 98MB or less; not a problem for mods on the Nexus, but... I do wonder what the Steam size limit for LoG2 might be. It might well be the same code. Does anyone know if there is a hard limit for LoG2 mods hosted on Steam? :?

**Of course, it's a non-issue if you don't plan to upload it to Steam.
_______
It may also be the case that some of the assets (in use) are bloated, taking up way more space than they should. It's worth checking any large models in Blender, for doubled vertices, and overly high polygon density.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Isaac wrote:
Mysterious wrote:Please don't give me a hard time on the size like I mentioned it will be half of the 540mbs = 270mbs.
The LoG1 Steam code required that the mod be 98MB or less; not a problem for mods on the Nexus, but... I do wonder what the Steam size limit for LoG2 might be. It might well be the same code. Does anyone know if there is a hard limit for LoG2 mods hosted on Steam? :?
Steam has the same size limit for LoG 1 and 2 mods: 100 MB.

An example: comscripts' "Chaos Strikes Back - Remake" on Steam almost hits that size limit with 99.7 MB.
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Mysterious wrote:I think it may have something to do with the (4gb_patch) I used on the grimrock2.exe file. What I did was went back to the Original grimrock2.exe without the patch and exported my mod for testing. That's when the error occurred. So I used the patched file again and now I can export my mod.

So now if anyone wants to play my Mod the have to use 4gb_patch on their grimrock2.exe and do what I did eg:

1 - copy the original file and then rename it to grimrock2_org.exe and you have two copies of the same file but, the second one is called grimrock2.exe which is now patched.

I don't really know if it is the patched file or something else.

Yes in the editor and also of the title screen the error appears.

EDIT: So Im allowed to send the patch program with my Mod and then explain to the use they have to the run the 4gb_patch program and change their grimrock2.exe. I cannot send the patched grimrock2.exe file to anyone as I think that's a copyright thing?
Before using the 4gb patche, you can try to set the graphic options (in game menu) to low for the export. Even to play your mod if necessary, it will require less memory in the export or while playing.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Dr.Disaster wrote:Steam has the same size limit for LoG 1 and 2 mods: 100 MB.

An example: comscripts' "Chaos Strikes Back - Remake" on Steam almost hits that size limit with 99.7 MB.
Hmm.. LoG always stipulated 100MB —and Petri didn't want to open the can-of-worms, to change it, but in practice (with ORRR2) we had problems with it, until we got it below 99 MB. :?