[Resource Pack] Journey To Justice v2.0

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
THOM

[Resource Pack] Journey To Justice v2.0

Post by THOM »

I've released the resource pack of my mod JOURNEY TO JUSTICE. I've assembled it to give you the possibility to re-use stuff I made. So I would be happy if anyone wants to integrate assets of this pack in another mod.

Included is a potpourri of very different assets – objects, items, particlesystems, sounds, materials. But no complete tilesets or something big as that. You can have a look and see, what you can need.

If you have played JOURNEY TO JUSTICE you might miss some stuff that you have encountered. The reason is, not all new assets that appear in JOURNEY TO JUSTICE are included in this pack. If you think, I've left out important things, please contact me.

What I've left out, is all stuff with third party's origin. There is only stuff with the complete copyright by me (or being a variation of LoG1/LoG2 stuff). I don't want to include things in this pack that are not made by me - even if it is public domain. Violation of other people's work or even just confusing by mixing up other people's stuff with mine is nothing I want.

Also this is not a ready-to-implement pack. It is more a kind of a repository. If you want to use some of the assets you have to copy over the files and the definitions and alter some entrys (e.g. the path to files, the path to the iconatlas - maybe the iconatlas itself...).

I've uploaded the pack only at Nexus. I hope, everyone gets along with that. You find it here: Downloadpage

I hope what you find is interesting. Have fun with it.

Full list of Assets:
SpoilerShow

* new since JtJ Version 2

OBJECTS

*Asian Pedestal - Separated from the Buddha Statue model of the LoG2 assets.
Barrel Floating - Floating bigger barrel for underwater areas. Replaces the pushable block from LoG2 completly.
Beach Boulder Small - Rockboulder on one corner of the floortile.
*Bookstack - A deco objects stiched together from several single tome models.
*Bookrow - As the Bookstack object above. Originally designed for the square table of Germanny's DM Pack. Hence the strange offset...
*Burnt Floor Bones - A deco object with parts of a skeleton. What is special is that the bones are burnt.
Candle Floor - A single candle (complete with all particles) standing on the floor.
Catacombe Alcove Empty + Surface - The catacombe alcove from LoG2 but completly empty - and with a surface-component.
Chain Single - A long single chain-string. From the right angle it acts also as a ladder (for one store).
Dart Spitter - An enframed hole in the wall.
*Dead Willow - Destoyable. Two of these objects can surround an item in the middle.
Dungeon Floor Love - A dungeon floor tile with a heart symbol painted on it.
Dungeon Floor Wet - A dungeon floor tile which looks wet.
Dungeon Wall Textnote - A dungeon wall tile with a clickable small note written on it.
*Firewood Stack - A deco object. Some wood collected for a campfire.
Floor Chain - A pullchain on the corner of a floortile that goes into the floor.
*Flower Deco - A deco object designed as a last gift in a burial chamber. The look is old and half rotten.
Ghost Door - A pale swirling door of ghostly fog.
*Hanging Terracotta Jar - A Terracotta Jar hanging on a hook from the ceiling. The jar is beakable and drops some (more or less) useless items.
Ice Block - A destoyable iceblock - sadly with another texture than in JtJ. But have a look at it's definition.
Invisible Wall Blocker - Can be placed behind objects that should block the way of the party but don't (e.g. signs)
Invisible Pillar Button - An invisible button on the right. Can be placed e.g. on normal pillars to make them interactive.
*Laboratory Stuff - A deco object designed for a laboratory setting.
*Laboratory Cooking - A flask with bubbles coming out on a stand over a blue flame. Can be combined with the Laboratory Stuff object.
*Mine Floor Crack - A deco object for the Mine Tileset. A crack in the floor with lava under it. Steam and sparks are coming out.
Mine Rock Pillar 7Stores - A mine rock pillar with the height of seven stores (elevations).
*Mummy Corpse - A corpse that has a special offset so it can be layed on an altar.
Pedestal Castle - A pedestal similar to the forest pedestal of LoG2 but cleaner.
*Poster - A wavy poster. May contain text. There is also a blank texture-image in the assets folder that can be used for custom designs.
*Rock Breakable Wall - A destroyable wall for the Mine Tileset. Two versions (unbroken and broken). Before broken the model only works from one side.
*Rock Pedestal - A rocky pedestal.
*Shopsign Plate - A text plate with a strange offset. Is supposed to hang on a pillar. Originally designed to be used with the "delivery shop" script.
*Shop Gemslot - An enframed hole that can be placed on a pillar. With a mechanic designed to work with the "delivery shop" script.
Small Spider Eggs - A smaller version of the LoG1 Spider Eggs.
*Spinning Crystal Shard - A small healing crystal shard. When touched it turns into a full Healing Crystal object.
*Statue Stand Simple - Made for to hold a LoG1 statue - in minmay's LoG1 Megapack these statues are separeted from their stand and can be used on it.
*Stonepile - A small deco object for mountain settings.
Swamp Water Voodoo - A murky muddy water surface for a swamp.
*Terracotta Jar Walldeco - Some smaller terracotta jars standing at the wall.
Thatch 2x2 - A thatch for a hut of 2x2 tiles.
Thatch 3x4 - A thatch for a hut of 3x4 tiles.
Thornwall Root - A single arm of a thornwall.
*Tomb Wall Recess - An addition to the Tomb Tileset. A recess to be place something in, e.g. the also included statue stand object and a LoG1 statue.
Wall Textnote - A note written on the wall, similar to 'Dungeon Wall Textnote', but without a background grafic.
Waterwall - A wall of swirling water - or of force - similar to the force-field of LoG2.

PARTICLE-OBJECTS
Black Steam - Emits infinitely thick black somoke that goes half way up.
Breaking Big Dust - A burst of a thick plume of dust and dirt. Vanishes after 20 seconds.
Bubbles Fast - Emits infinitely underwater bubbles that goes up. With sound. Can be toggled on and off.
*Cannonball flying - A spell (hidden) to shoot a visible flying cannonball.
Castle Arch Magic - Emits infinitely magical glow. With the shape of a LoG2 castle door.
Death Skull Particle - Fires a single foggy skull. Used for the Tome Of Death.
Dripping Drops - Emits infinitely drops falling from the ceiling. With sound.
Fire Pillar - An object with the shape of a mine pillar - but made from flames. Can be toggled on and off.
Lava Extinguished Smoke - Emits sparks and dust. Fades out after 45 seconds.
Snowstorm - Emits infinitely a snow storm on one tile.
Teleporter Blue - An usual teleporter object with a deep blue color.
*Teleporter Red - An usual teleporter object with red color.
Teleporter White - An usual teleporter object with white color.
Underwaterstream - Emits infinitely a fast stream of plankton. Can be toggled on and off. With sound.

ITEMS
Blackpowder - A little heap of a grey powder.
Bomb - A big bomb. Using it will convert it into a 'Bomb Ignited'.
Bomb Ignited - An ignited bomb with sparkles that explodes into a big and destructive burst.
Bookpage - A variation of a 'Note' item.
*Boomerang - A primitive throwing weapon (unfinished item of LoG2). Returns to thrower if hits nothing. Also available in a poisened version.
*Burnt Bone - A single bone. What is special is that it is burnt.
*Burnt Skull - Similar to the LoG skull. What is special is that it's burnt. Does not count for skull collecting.
*Cloak, simple - A simple cloak. Like the LoG2 tattered cloak - but not ripped.
Crummock Root - An alternative of the 'Cave Nettle' of LoG1. Heals a slightly bit if eaten.
Cutlass Icy - The Cutlass from LoG2 but enforced with the power to shoot fireballs.
*Cutlass Rusty - The Cutlass from LoG2 but weaker and with a rusty texture.
Dead Rat - A dead rat. Consumable - can cause sickness.
Diving Helmet - A mask that lets one champion breathe under water.
Empty Bomb - An empty capule for LoG2 bombs.
Forest Ruin Plate Item - A big heavy stone slab. Suitable for the Forest Ruin tileset of LoG2.
*Feather of Thoth - A big feather filled with sacred power. Increases carrying capacity. Adds one point to Air Magic when carried in a hand.
Flute - A flute (unfinished item of LoG2). Can now play a tune.
*Golden Circlet - Like the LoG2 circlet - saves from getting petryfied.
Icefall Hammer - A powerfull weapon that can freeze enemys.
Knife Odd - An odd knife. Similar to the 'Throwing Knife' of LoG2.
Knife Odd Icy - The 'Knife Odd' but enforced with the power to shoot fireballs.
Machete Icy - The 'Machete' from LoG2 but enforced with the power to shoot fireballs.
*Ogre Figurine enforced - The LoG2 Ogre Figurine but charged with some voodoo power. Does nothing though...
Philosophers Stone - A shimmering small stone that has the power to give a lot of XP.
Potion Evasion - A potion that raises evasion. Uses an unused icon of LoG2.
*Rifle - An additional firearm for firearm level 3 and 4 (powerattack). Mind: The icon is by minmay!
Rifled Blowpipe - Similar to the 'Blowpipe' from LoG2 but with more attackpower.
*Rod with Hook - A rod with a hook attached. Not a weapon at the moment, does nothing.
Rum Bottle - A bottle of rum (unfinished item of LoG2). Can make the consumer drunken.
Sabre Icy - The 'Sabre' from LoG2 but enforced with the power to shoot fireballs.
Symbol Air Item - A magical symbol of the air rune.
Symbol Earth Item - A magical symbol of the earth rune.
Symbol Fire Item - A magical symbol of the fire rune.
Symbol Water Item - A magical symbol of the water rune.
Water Shooter - A rangedweappon that works just under water. It shoots a jet of "compressed water".
Woodcutters Axe - A simple but strong axe.
Zarchton Harpoon Golden - Similar to the 'Harpoon' of LoG2 but made from gold.

*4 Mainquest Items - journal_party, letter_party, letter_stain, red_hair - These have no usable function. They are just there to remind the player in JtJ of his discoveries.

MONSTERS
*Blue Slime - Similar to the LoG2 green slime, but blue. Blinds or paralyzes party.
*Golden Snake - A holy and mystic creature. Like a living statue. Spits poison clouds.
Invisible Monster - Well - a monster that is invisible.
*Poison Cloud Monster - A fast flying and attacking poison cloud. Can move through the party.
*Summon Ice - Like the LoG2 summon stone, but made from ice. Can shoot frostbolts.

*death_particles.lua - A file full of particle-systems to be used as the death-effects of monsters. See monster-deaths.txt for further details.

also included:
*mimic_dormant - A variation of the LoG2 mimic monster. Looks like a usual chest - but can wake up if triggered.
*wizard_red - A variation of the LoG2 wizard. With a red robe, a mask over his face and a weapon in hands, that could be a melee or magical weapon. Also the settings for fighting have been changed.

SOUNDS
drops dripping - The sound of drops - needed for the 'Dripping Drops' object. (loop)
big break - The sound of the collapse of a dungeon ceiling. Can be used with the 'Breaking Big Dust' object.
bubbles - The sound of bubbling - needed for the 'Bubbles Fast' object. (loop)
electrosound - The sound of electronic charge. (loop)
flute - The sound of fluteplaying - needed for the Flute item.
thief - A ghostly shout "Thief!"
shopkeeper1 - A deep male voice, saying kindly "Aaah". In JtJ needed for the Shopkeeper.
shopkeeper2 - A deep male voice, saying "Mh mmh". In JtJ needed for the Shopkeeper.

some loose files without being a complete gameobject
Tome Of Air - A script for a Tome Of Air. Can be used with the Runebooks Pack by Mutman.
Tome Of Balance - A script for a Tome Of Balance. Can be used with the Runebooks Pack by Mutman.
Tome Of Death - A script for a Tome Of Death. Can be used with the Runebooks Pack by Mutman.
Tome Of Earth - A script for a Tome Of Earth. Can be used with the Runebooks Pack by Mutman.
Tome Of Fire - A script for a Tome Of Fire. Can be used with the Runebooks Pack by Mutman.
Tome Of Firearms - A script for a Tome Of Firerams. Can be used with the Runebooks Pack by Mutman.
Tome Of Ice - A script for a Tome Of Ice. Can be used with the Runebooks Pack by Mutman.

DM Portrait Trickster - A grafic suitable for a portaitframe of the DM Pack by Germanny.

Green Lizard - The texture for an alternative Ice Lizard.
Ice Warg - The texture for an alternative Sand Warg.
Octopus - The texture for an alternative Eyctopus (monster-defintion is also included).
Green Trickster - The texture for an alternative Trickster.
Shopkeeper-Trickster - The texture for an alternative Trickster with a white jacket and without a hat.

Anchient Apparatus - A new texture for the Anchient Apparatus of LoG1.
Spherical Map - A new texture for the Spherical Map of LoG1.

*Forest Dark Sky - A special sky object with darker atmo. Attached is also a fog component that only gets enabled if the party is on elevation -1 (which is meant to be under water).

some misc gameobjects from the original LoG2 pack
that were unfinished and were made usable by me

Forest Fence - A wooden fence that fits into outdoor levels.
Earthquake Dust - A particle object that let fall a bit dungeon-dust from the ceiling. Known from LoG1.

Ancient Apparatus - An useless "precious" item. Known from LoG1. (An included new material can be attached.)
Boomerang - A prmitive throwing weapon.
Boulder - A piece of stone and also a throwing weapon. Similar to the 'Rock'-item but bigger.
Globe Spherical Map - An useless "precious" item. Known from LoG1. (An included new material can be attached.)
Telescope - An useless "precious" item.
Sleep Dart - The sleepdart already exists in LoG2 in a usable way - I only gave them a unique texture.
Rum Flask - A bottle filled with rum. After drinking there is a chance for the champion to get drunk for a short time.

several model files - made for, but unused in JtJ:

mine_chain_hook_long.model - Separated from the LoG2 counterweight model.
mine_chain_hook+jar.model - As it appears in the Hanging Terracotta Jar object - but the two parts united in one model here.
mine_wall_text_big.model - A mine wall sign with extra long text.
terracotta_jar.model - Separated from the LoG2 Terracotta Jar model.

Last edited by THOM on Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Re: [Resource Pack] Journey To Justice

Post by Slayer82 »

Thank you very much, Thom.

I'm sure there are many people that will make good use of your items. I know I'd like to use some of them for my mod.

:)
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

Thanks alot Thom. Your pack just have me a few new ideas and insight.
ratman

Post by ratman »

Thanks. I think this will help me in my mod a lot. But I am trying to use the 'shopkeeper trickster', and there is no .model file for it. I am not very good a scripting, and don't know how to make a .model file. If anyone has a pre-made one, or can tell me how to make, please do. Thanks again. :D
THOM

Post by THOM »

It's just a different material for the usual Trickster of LoG2.

If you have defined this material in your mod you can just attach it to the model of the Trickster by using

material="shopkeeper",
THOM formaly known as tschrage
ratman

Post by ratman »

Thanks. :D