Dirt Cave

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
kelly1111

Dirt Cave

Post by kelly1111 »

https://imgur.com/3AxIYXs

Fiddling around with some stuff. Will post more later and ask for some feedback
Skuggasveinn

Re: Dirt Cave

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Looks good, looking forward to seeing more :D
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Nice vibrant colours!
Is this going to be a new/altered Cave wall set?
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

Thanks guys. It is indeed an alter / modified cave wallset. Aiming to be more of a dirt / rock combination. In a few days I will post some more assets / screenshots. still newbish modeling things for me to work out in blender, so it might take a while.
is it ok to alter the grimrock models (for instance a cave pillar) and use them in the tileset or is this forbidden ?
minmay

Post by minmay »

kelly1111 wrote:is it ok to alter the grimrock models (for instance a cave pillar) and use them in the tileset or is this forbidden ?
Yes, as long as you only use them for Grimrock mods.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

Hi.

When will your assets be ready they do look good.
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

I do not have a deadline yet. And I really don't know if my assets are stable enough for release. When the time comes I could really use someone to look over my definitions, textures and models. For instance I don't know If I am using the right occluders, if my textures can be compressed more... and all that stuff. I am struggeling to make the assets as efficient as possible.

I will release some more screenshots in a few days.

Also I have a question about using other people's assets (modified models and textures) ... for instance. I have used the stone floor tiles models from Vanblams under dungeon and modified them a bit. Is it ok to use them and credit vanblam (I dont want any credits for assets that are not mine) ... how is this done? What is common practice ?
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

Here are some more screens of what I am working on. Feedback and tips are welcome
Al very basic and still trying to find out what works best for me in blender and gimp.
(need to work on the lights)

will post some better screens later

used some underdungeon assets in this last one... dont really know if that is allowed? will credit vanBlam ofc
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

hey,
it looks good, keep going.

On your last screenshot, may I suggest that you make another kind of brick tile to add variety on the pavement?
here this brick "road" seems too much perfect for me, so a tile with one or 2 brick missing can be good.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

After some downtime. Back to work on the assets for my upcoming mod. I would like to have some feedback. Is the atmosphere ok? I am aiming towards a more dark setting. But am wondering if it is not to dark?