A mine tileset question

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
kelly1111

A mine tileset question

Post by kelly1111 »

I am making a mine tileset using the standard grimrock mine set as a reference. One thing got me puzzeled. If I use the mine_wall_01 and modify it, say to have a large recess/hole in it..
when I use it in my tileset ..it is used both ways. It bumps forward (into my camera view)... on some tiles and it is the way I want it to be on other tiles. Is there a way to script the object definition to not make the model not switch sides ?

Hope my question is understandable?
Isaac

Re: A mine tileset question

Post by Isaac »

Walls on the map are placed on the edges of tiles, and have a facing value that dictates their direction. A symmetrical wall can appear in the same apparent position (even overlap) when on two adjacent tiles if facing opposite directions.

Check your map to ensure that the wall asset is in fact on the tile you perceive it to be. Select it and rotate it with the Q & E keys; if need be, move it with the WASD keys.
bongobeat

Re: A mine tileset question

Post by bongobeat »

in the mine tileset, walls are actually large pillars (what is in front of you, when you look to the wall, is a pillar, the walls are placed beside the pillars, and are rotated by 90°) If you want to have a recess or anything in front of you, you'll have to place your wall as a pillar, and define a special tileset that spawn your modified pillar.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505