Starting location

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Orace

Starting location

Post by Orace »

Hi guys, i have a problem with starting location and i can't find a proper solution, maybe it's very simple but i can't figure it out:

I want to put starting location at Z1 of the map, the floor is 0 and the ceiling is 2 but each time i start i'm always at floor level...what am i missing? I have no problem going up ladders to level 1.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Orace
Isaac

Re: Starting location

Post by Isaac »

It's a flaw in the game. Ideally, the party would start at the x, y, and z of the starting location, but it does not. What you can do is place an invisible teleporter a the location where the party starts, and have that place them where they should begin the map. This also works when the party starts in mid-air and falls at the start.

You can use a floor_trigger to disable the teleporter at first use.

*Alternatively, you could add this script to fix it so that the party does start where, (and at what height) you set the starting_location:

Code: Select all

function translateParty()
	local loc = {starting_location:getPosition()}
	loc[4], loc[5] = starting_location.elevation, loc[4]
	party:setPosition(unpack(loc))
end
delayedCall(self.go.id, .01, 'translateParty')
Orace

Re: Starting location

Post by Orace »

Hi Isaac, thank you! As you suggested, with just a simple teleporter i managed to adjust the starting location! :D

Regards
Orace