Looking for proper asset

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Orace

Re: Looking for proper asset

Post by Orace »

Hi guys, it's still me! :oops:

Now i'm looking for beds: i need a wooden bed, a hammock (preferred!!! :mrgreen: ) or something crude to be used as bed inside a ship. It should be simple, so i can modify it and put one on another, like bunk beds.

Can someone point me to the proper asset?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Orace
Xardas

Post by Xardas »

Hey Orace,
Have you seen the beds from Germannys DM Set? These are simple good looking ones, you can also use as a Surface (Colors: Grey, Brown).
Unfortunately you can´t really use them as bunk beds, because they were designed as normal stand alone beds, but these are the only ones i know.
In order to get to the other side of the pit you have to get hit by the fireball and die....
Yep.....moving on!
Orace

Post by Orace »

Hi Xardas, thank you for your reply.

I checked the Germannys DM Set and i found the bed you're talking about but, it's really..."comfortable" ahahah :lol:, there is a pillow and a blanket!

I played too many custom dungeons :D , i don't remember where i've seen it, there was a bed made only of a wooden rack, very spartan: no mat, no pillow, no blanket. It can be also breakable if i remember well....

I hope someone still remember this :), i'm sure it's a custom dungeon available here.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Maybe you mean the beds from the mine pack by Phitt.

But mind: the object contains two beds side by side.
THOM formaly known as tschrage
maneus

Post by maneus »

It should be easy to make a wooden bed in blender. It only needs 4 cylinders and 5 cubes properly scaled.

I made a simple hammock for you for a 3x3 square. You have only to define the textures in the material script and assign them for the model with for example the GMToolkit.
The textures are only diffuse maps. You have to create the specular and normal maps by yourself if needed. Make sure you set the alphaTest = true for the hammock_net texture.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1cy13ckh ... ammock.rar
Orace

Post by Orace »

Hi guys, thank you for your help:

@THOM: is this the assets pack you are talking about?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9116

I checked it but is not available... :( , i also searched on Nexus and Phitt released only an "Asian style assets pack" (very beautiful but no bed ahahah).

@Maneus: i really appreciated your work but i'm a neophyte at Lua and graphic is not my strong suit ahahah :oops:, i really don't know how to use these files or add the parts you are mentioning. For now i just learned how to modify existing item scripts (adding or removing parts, changing position inside square, etc., just very basic modification), or create something new from a predefinite basic item :oops:
That's why i was looking for a crude bed, so i can add small pillars and another bed on top to make a bunk one.

I have this image on my mind of a fort where ogres attacked and killed every defender: there were dead bodies, pieces of damaged armors and weapons on ground, blood everywhere and walls crumbled. That's where i've seen these soldier bed, but i can't figure out what was the mod :lol:. The only thing i'm sure of is that is a mod available here.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Orace wrote: @THOM: is this the assets pack you are talking about?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9116
Yes, that is it. I would recommend the conversion that is included in mimays Grimrock 1 Mega Pack:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14645&hilit=grimrock+mega+pack
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by Orace »

Yes, that is it. I would recommend the conversion that is included in mimays Grimrock 1 Mega Pack:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14645&hilit=grimrock+mega+pack
Hi THOM, thanks a lot, i found it!! It's exactly what i was looking for :mrgreen:

But an hammock would have been better...sigh! Ahahah :lol:
maneus

Post by maneus »

??? But I made a hammock for you. :shock: It´s the model file and the textures for it. Easy to use inside your mod. :roll:
You have only to define the materials/textures in the "material" script in your Grimrock 2 folder like this:

Code: Select all

defineMaterial{
   name = "hammock_net",
   diffuseMap = "mod_assets/textures/env/hammock_net.tga",
   specularMap = "mod_assets/textures/env/hammock_net.tga",
   doubleSided = false,
   lighting = true,
   alphaTest = true,
   blendMode = "Opaque",
   textureAddressMode = "Wrap",
   glossiness = 20,
   depthBias = 0,
}
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

I'll gladly grab that hammock for my mod manneus :) !
Now my precious ratlings have hammocks .. they'll perform better