Looking for proper asset

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Orace

Looking for proper asset

Post by Orace »

hi guys, first of all, sorry all for my english :mrgreen: i'll try to explain the best i can...

I'm looking for a specific asset i have seen inside a mod: i need it to create the interior of a wooden ship, a very big ship...

I used Bongobeat's assets (shipwreck) to craft the hull, now i need doors for interiors. I've seen them inside the mod "It's a Ctrap!!" by Granamir: the door is some sort of single central door, not squared but with an arch top side, all wooden, door, walls and floor, like a complete set. They are in the sunken ship submerged area.

screen:
SpoilerShow
I already asked him but he made the mod years ago and didn't remember the name of the asset, he just gave me some names of people he used assets to make it:

Skuggasveinn
Phitt
Eleven warrior
Mysblade
Batty

Please, if you recognize this asset, can you tell me the name? Thanks in advance

Regards
Orace
THOM

Re: Looking for proper asset

Post by THOM »

I think it's an asset from the LoG1 sx_townset pack. Re-textured - you won't find exactly that way.
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by Orace »

THOM wrote:I think it's an asset from the LoG1 sx_townset pack. Re-textured - you won't find exactly that way.
Hi THOM thanks a lot for your answer, I searched the web for the set you mentioned and i found a reference to "Skuggasveinn" town tileset.

I downloaded it but, as you said, i found the door, but with stone blocks around, not wood...maybe someone really re-textured it.

Screen
SpoilerShow
Well it's exactly the same door, no doubts...i hope someone can recognize the author and point me to the proper asset with re-textured door :) thanks again!
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Looks like a door I made for LoG1.
Are you looking for a functioning door or just a "prop" on a wall that looks like a door ?

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
Orace

Post by Orace »

Skuggasveinn wrote:Looks like a door I made for LoG1.
Are you looking for a functioning door or just a "prop" on a wall that looks like a door ?

Skuggasveinn.
Hi Skuggasveinn, nice to hear from you :D, as THOM suggested, i searched through your assets but didn't find the wooden door i was looking for (the first picture), i found the same door but for stone bricks walls (second picture) and yes i need a functional door, i need to open and close it and pass through.

Maybe the door is there and i didn't see it? :oops: i downloaded your assets from nexus.

Waiting for your reply :)
THOM

Post by THOM »

No - the door you are looking for is not there. As I said - the wooden door is re-textured. Someone (Granamir?) gave the model a new texture. Or a new skin, if you want.

I did the same thing with exactly that door, too. But I just needed a door-prop at the wall - so my one has no functionality.

You can change the texture of a model by yourself with Johns Grimrock Model Toolkit (GMT). And also with Blender of course.
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by Orace »

Oh, graphic is not my strong suit :oops: , ahahah, i go for the coding :lol:

Well i'll go forward, maybe now i can use that stone door from Skuggasveinn's assets and think about it at the end.

Thanks a lot for helping me guys, I hope to show you my project someday :)

Regards
Orace
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Hi there,

why don't you use Skuggasveinn's door from the winter tileset?

It is the 'remake' for grimrock 2 of the grimrock 1's town door, that can be opened.

it's the small door that you can see on this picture:
SpoilerShow
and the asset pack:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9584
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

I made two doors, seeing that the one in the urban town is higher then a 1 square, they have the dungeon wall texture for the frame but that can be changed to wooden one or any other one.
I think it was Minmay that cleaned up the logic for collision and clickables (code comes from the ORRR3), and removed the need to place hidden buttons and stuff.

you can get the doors here
http://www.zorglubb.net/grimrock/dropzo ... ngDoors.7z

kind regards.
Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

This is nice! thank you for sharing!
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505