Thinking, is it time for another Glögg session?

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
AndakRainor

Re: Thinking, is it time for another Glögg session?

Post by AndakRainor »

petri wrote:Maybe something that would allow creating add-ons to the official campaign?
Several add-ons in the original campaign would be a great feature! If you can do it and find a way to avoid assets names and objects id collisions (even in lua scripts that use those names and ids, is it possible?) then why not use it for any dungeon mod in addition? :)

Also something I think would be a very nice feature for players who want to play many mods; the import party option of the game is totally broken and unusable as it is, because imported champions are not cleaned from the skills and traits undefined in the new mod, and it crashes the game for example when you learn a new spell. Giving back lost skill points in addition would be perfect.

(Minor request but I dare to try my chance; a way to get the file names of the champions portraits)
THOM

Post by THOM »

Another interesting main-feature could be to export characters including their equipment (maybe just by a special script inside a mod). This way you could make bigger campaigns that are spread out over several mods.
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Collaborative editing would be very cool.
Connect to a server, edit the dungeon stored on the server.
More than one person could be editing at the same time, as long as they don't work too close to each other.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

A feature that I'd like to see, is for the editor to remember disabled levels upon reload. Currently, reloading a project re-enables all previously disabled levels. On a big project, you might only work on one level (for days at a time), and reload constantly to check some minor changes.
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

When playing with ORRR3, (I think I've mentoined this before) I would like a custom prefix feature in editor. So that all items you create in editor would have a Id with custom prefix when created (if defined).
e.g. torch_holder01 would be [prefix]torch_holder01 etc e.g. aaneton_torch_holder01.

Would be great for collaborative projects.
My Grimrock mod (LoG1): The Onkalo Project
My Android (and windows desktop) game: Balloon Gentleman
MrChoke

Post by MrChoke »

I am bringing this thread back to life. It was stated in it that few people are still modding this game. Based on posts and monitoring of the forums recently, I beg to differ. People are still modding, me included. I think this game is far from dead. I'd love to see an expansion of some sort or even a patch to fix bugs and give a few very needed minor enhancements. And I would happily pay for such. Of course it would take a lot more than me to be willing to pay but maybe there are a lot of people like me out there still.
Mysterious

Post by Mysterious »

I was hoping AH would create some more DLC Packs eg: Human pack, consists of male, female, kids etc. Medi evil buildings pack etc etc.... There modlers could make these packs and earn a few extra dollars in the process.

It would be cool to have humans or some other races in the game as you could build a human village :) Even if AH just retextured some of the Monster they have now.
sleepy

Post by sleepy »

I'm game. I've been hitting the editor hard recently.

As far as the town tileset goes: in theory, we could probably port the LoG1 town tileset into LoG2 without much more effort than putting up with the tedium required to do it.

As far as code hooks go: I'd like some sort of shop structure the most.
Last edited by sleepy on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zimberzimber

Post by zimberzimber »

sleepy wrote:I'm game. I've been hitting the editor hard recently.

As far as the town tileset goes: in theory, we could probably port the LoG1 town tileset into LoG2 without much more effort than putting up with the tedium required to do it.
It has been already ported(or in a very late stage of it) to LoG2 thanks to minmay
Link - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14645
My asset pack [v1.10]
Features a bit of everything! :D
sleepy

Post by sleepy »

zimberzimber wrote:
sleepy wrote:I'm game. I've been hitting the editor hard recently.

It has been already ported(or in a very late stage of it) to LoG2 thanks to minmay
Link - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14645
That's quite the pack. I may just have to merge my project into this. I've been holding off on the central map until I had some proper building tiles.