Akroma GUI Pack [Abandoned]

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
akroma222

Re: [WIP] Akroma Asset Pack

Post by akroma222 »

Hey All,

So I have decided to abandon this GUI mod project
I am giving up the files - as they are - for anyone to use however they would like

I have made this decision because of the following reasons:
1. It is beyond my skill to complete - there are issues which will be discussed below that I just dont know how to fix
2. The GUI mod will likely not be plug and play friendly with other mods
3. There is a bucket load of texture files which will chew up file space
4. People enjoy grimrock mods because of the game play and design - not because the GUI has been given a new look
5. Working on this project was beginning to be a chore and very unpleasant - too much frustration / anxiety as its above my pay grade
6. Work is taking up all my time currently and I wont be able to publish a working version of it anytime soon
7. Maybe someone else can do something / anything with the work I have done (however I dont think its a great idea to do so)

I have made a quick video demonstrating the various GUI additions and also some of the unfixed bugs
https://youtu.be/tOQsCap0sd4

I have posted the source files up for anyone to download and use however they see fit
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuegSPXQY8jnapLPjIb ... Y?e=t7iEsy

Here is a description of the content included and also the known bugs:
SpoilerShow
Attack Panels
-Cooldown bar added and in working condition with dual wield support
-Portrait Fx added for when champs take hits, get healed or enchanted - works fine but not connected yet
-Race hand icons added when unarmed
-Weapon set swap buttons working

Character Sheet
- Tooltips redone

Inventory Menu
-No racial backgrounds - replaced with faded item slot guide icons
-Container items (akroma wooden box / sack) redone and work fine
-Tooltips redone
-Max load given a stat bar like food and exp instead of numerical values

Statistics Menu
-Health & Energy regeneration stats included
-Cooldown stat added for hand item stats
-Weapons icons added behind their stats
-Tooltips redone

Skills Menu
-Scroll bar added so to include 2 more skills - Forgecraft & Shadowlight magic
-Icons incomplete
-No new tooltips added
-When spending points and accepting the upgrade - orange proposed skill box tick icons flicker past the new upgraded level (seen in video)

Traits Menu
-No new tooltips added
-Icons incomplete
-Spell icons need to be added to trait tables in gui.lua for them to display properly - incomplete
-With very large amounts of traits the scrollbar / mouse hover / display tooltip math is off slightly - not sure where

RunePanel
-Works well enough - more runes added - LoG1 click cast system
-Spells defined need to have 2 gesture fields added to work - One for the new rune system and the original to actually cast the spell
-Only fireball added currently
-While more than 1 champ has a runepanel open, clicking runes on any runepanel will select that rune in all runepanels open (shown in video) :-(

QuickItemSlots
-Works fine, based on AndakRainors quickslot system except the slots are invisible unless holding an item or hovering with mouse

Other Issues
-If the party is damaged all at the same time, the damage value displayed over each champs attack panel is the damage taken by ordinal 4 champ (shown in video)
-Some Gui elements arent yet corrected for diff screen resolutions (looks fine with 1920 x 1080)
-Champs able to spam attacks without having to wait for the cool down to finish for some reason
So, Im sorry to dissapoint but Im giving this project up - again, anyone may use what I have done in any way they want
Im happy to field further questions but cant guarantee prompt responses - Ill probably have 1 day a weekend to reply

I miss building and designing maps for grimrock - and so from here I will be starting a new mod - no new unnecessary GUI stuff, just using some community asset packs and building a fun old dungeon - I cant wait for grimrock to be easy and enjoyable again

Hope you people are all well and staying safe

Akroma
kelly1111

Re: Akroma GUI Pack [Abandoned]

Post by kelly1111 »

Thanks for the update Akroma. And I think a good decision. Will be looking forward to your new mod.
akroma222

Re: Akroma GUI Pack [Abandoned]

Post by akroma222 »

kelly1111 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:27 pm Thanks for the update Akroma. And I think a good decision. Will be looking forward to your new mod.
Cheers for the reply Kelly! I am looking forward to making it :D 8-)