Shadowgate 2014 "Inspired" (Resource Pack)

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
vanblam

Shadowgate 2014 "Inspired" (Resource Pack)

Post by vanblam »

"Updated 4/4/2019"
Doing a recreation of Shadowgate 2014 in my own way. Using many familiar rooms and some new ones :). As many of you might know the castle is alive, having the ability to change its shape, because of this I will create new areas not seen in the game.

I decided to just create as many of the room types as I can with as many resources as possible. I'll release them as sets for each area so you can load what ever areas you wish to use. Ill have a "general" resource pack that will be required for all the sets.
"End Update"

Here is a couple shots of the lava bridge room. It is smaller then you would see in Shadowgate 2014. But I like how the lava flow came out. ( BTW when I complete this project it will contain over 200 new models for you to use how you see fit ).

Last edited by vanblam on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
minmay

Re: Shadowgate Recreation (New Story)

Post by minmay »

cool screenshots but i'm pretty sure wood is not the appropriate material for bridges over lava pits
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
vanblam

Post by vanblam »

minmay wrote:cool screenshots but i'm pretty sure wood is not the appropriate material for bridges over lava pits
haha yes very true. That room is a recreation of the double bridge room from Shadowgate original. In my version the wood bridge is destroyed tho.
vanblam

Post by vanblam »

the room is starting to fill out. Just have to design the railing :)

another angle
Last edited by vanblam on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azel

Post by Azel »

Very exciting stuff. You need to throw in some Eyctopus monsters to "blind" the party and increase the chance of falling to a burning death :mrgreen:
vanblam

Post by vanblam »

Azel wrote:Very exciting stuff. You need to throw in some Eyctopus monsters to "blind" the party and increase the chance of falling to a burning death :mrgreen:

I like the way you think :D
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

These screenshot look really good, keep it up, looking forward to play this ;)

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
vanblam

Post by vanblam »

Now this bridge room is complete :D ( well besides the monsters and lava effects. )

Shot 1

Shot 2

Shot 3

I'll show some other area's some time this week :)
Komag

Post by Komag »

All that heavy stone over that wide span really breaks immersion for me personally, I just see it and know it would immediately fall down. Perhaps you could build in another support in the middle, with arches on each side of that support, to be more believable? Otherwise it all looks great and inviting, well done. :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Azel

Post by Azel »

But it's held together with maaggiiic!! :mrgreen:

Just extend one of the center pillars "updwards" so that it is being held up by the ceiling. Then math wins!