Shadowgate 2014 "Inspired" (Resource Pack)

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
kelly1111

Re: Shadowgate 2014 "Inspired" (Resource Pack)

Post by kelly1111 »

HOT DAMN !!!!
More structural additions !!!
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

vanblam wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:12 am Image
EDIT: To be honest I kind of like them without the shader, I adjusted the emissive map to have a little more brightness and contrast, it looks pretty good :)
They both look great, without the shader the crystals look like rendered the same way World o Warcraft is.
With shader is more Grimrocky imho ;-) But both really do look stunning!
vanblam wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:27 pm I added a structural addition to the cave system if you wish to use it. Created a stone style ceiling and placed in a ceiling lantern as well.
You could even slip a small glowy red crystal into the lanterns instead of the fire?
Question - will there be a small red crystal item? (Happy to create an icon/s for this if you like the idea)
Could be an interesting way of setting up the lanterns? Crystal is handled like a torch inserted into torch holder?
(Feel free to dismiss my over complicated, time intensive ideas - youve been fielding and delivering on requests like a champion.
We are very grateful to be involved in the process ;-) )

Akroma

p.s. Hope you dont mind - Im already planning on utilising the crystals for a new (Magma) Shards spell :twisted:
vanblam

Post by vanblam »

akroma222 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:07 pm
vanblam wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:12 am EDIT: To be honest I kind of like them without the shader, I adjusted the emissive map to have a little more brightness and contrast, it looks pretty good :)
They both look great, without the shader the crystals look like rendered the same way World o Warcraft is.
With shader is more Grimrocky imho ;-) But both really do look stunning!
vanblam wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:27 pm I added a structural addition to the cave system if you wish to use it. Created a stone style ceiling and placed in a ceiling lantern as well.
You could even slip a small glowy red crystal into the lanterns instead of the fire?
Question - will there be a small red crystal item? (Happy to create an icon/s for this if you like the idea)
Could be an interesting way of setting up the lanterns? Crystal is handled like a torch inserted into torch holder?
(Feel free to dismiss my over complicated, time intensive ideas - youve been fielding and delivering on requests like a champion.

Akroma

p.s. Hope you dont mind - Im already planning on utilising the crystals for a new (Magma) Shards spell :twisted:
Because minmay helped me figure out the problem that I was having with the crystals, I'm sticking with the shader.

A crystal lantern is a cool idea :), I could put that together np. I will also create the crystal item with an icon. When I put Red Cave out there I want you guys to utilize it in any way you see fit. BTW I always love hearing ideas don't ever hold back :D.
vanblam

Post by vanblam »

I just finished creating my elevation edges, they are 1 sold wall all the way down to -5. I didn't want repeated walls all the way down :D

vanblam

Post by vanblam »

akroma222 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:07 pm You could even slip a small glowy red crystal into the lanterns instead of the fire?

Akroma
Well bud here ya go :D. I hope they look satisfactory.

The lamp.

The shard and icon.

Thanks for the idea :)
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

-Hell- yeah!! :lol: :twisted:
You're too good to us vanblam ;)
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Can't wait to use this asset pack into an endgame dimension.

And the crystals will receive a "growing" script where they rise out of the ground/walls.
And crystals rising out of the lava to form a path through lava.

The expansion of the ud tileset allows for an underground "Indiana Jones" temple as well.
Ominous crystals taken away from their pedestals will make the lava rise and burn the party alive if puzzles aren't solved in time and escape routes aren't taken efficiently :)
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Pompidom wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:34 pm The expansion of the ud tileset allows for an underground "Indiana Jones" temple as well.
Ominous crystals taken away from their pedestals will make the lava rise and burn the party alive if puzzles aren't solved in time and escape routes aren't taken efficiently :)
There's a giant rolling party squishing boulder asset from LoG1 :D
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

Ive been searching for tgat rolling boulder for ages !
Now you tell me its a grimrock 1 asset...
Argh
THOM

Post by THOM »

You can find it here.

Video is here.
THOM formaly known as tschrage