some problems

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Modraneth

some problems

Post by Modraneth »

i have to ask because i dont really undertand, im making my 1º mod so i want to learn everything i can, i put alot of time in this and i want to make it good, because i have other projects and ideas in mind

1- why when i place the lindworm on my mod he dont attack? (i make the arena in the sky and he came flying, but he dont fight me, so i dont know what to do, i need to put the scripts for boss fight? he cant be a normal mob?)

2- i want to place cinematics how do i do that? (i havent finish my mod yet but i wana ask, and where do i got the cinematics?)

3- when i finish the mod, how do i create the story? (like the other mods have it when we are choosing on mod list, i think that will be a way to make it but i want to be certain so i ask it)

4- someone have fixed the scavenger, goromorg and ice lizard from LoG1? if yes i hope you can help me because i will need them on my future projects

5- my actual project have 20 floors that was enough for a good mod? (i think we will need at least 4 or 5 hours to make the game, not tested yet)

6- how do i make the party have dialogue? (i play some mods where the party have dialogue with each other so i know its possible but i cant make it by myself)

7- its possible to make some monsters bigger, like the twigroot, make the twigroot bigger to make a treeboss, or the summon stone make him like the magma golem but without fire and that stuff, just a rock golem, i have other ideas to monsters but i want to know if its possible.

i think that its all for now.. if someone can help me i will enjoy, thank you
Mods:
Isle of Gunger
The Bloody Path Dropped
A World of Power work in progress
THOM

Re: some problems

Post by THOM »

I am not the most experienced scripter in this forum but here is what I can say:

2 - cinematics like in LoG1 are not supported in LoG2. John Wordsworth is doing a mod called GrimTK which gives the modder the possibility to bring on message-boxes, dialog-screens and other interactive features. There is also a plan to include the cinematic-function of LoG1. Sadly it's not finished, yet. But John told me, he wants to use it for ORRR3 so maybe end of the year he will get it to work.
Another option is to include a video as a cinematic. That's the way it is done in the main-campaign.

3 - Don't know exactly what you mean? Do you want to know where to write in the description that can be seen in the selection screen? When you export the finished dungeon a screen appears where you can put it in.

4 - some parts of that monsters are not included in the asset-pack. Mostly sound-files. The is no other way than to find a replacement by your own. Some made suggestions in the LoG1 Monster Thread that you already know.

5 - size is not the most important thing for a good mod. It's also story and design. So there is no problem to have a mod with two levels if they are exciting...
But on my opinion, 20 levels and 5 hours gameplay can be a good aim.

6 - a dialog system is not included in the main-campaign. You can use the hudPrint command to make simple conversations between champions (or better: let them make statements) or you can implement GrimTK (see 2 ).

7 - yes it's possible to alter the size of monsters. But you have to have skills in using 3d-programms like Blender. Important is that you not only have to resize the model of the monster but also have to alter it's movement animations. I do not have skills in this programs but maybe others? Altered monsters could be a good expansion of the assets...
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Modraneth

Post by Modraneth »

2- thank you, its sad that we cant use cinematics but i will check with video instead, and you know how do we trigger the video?

3- yah. i want to know where to writein the description that we can see in selection screen

4- yes i found that on monster thread but i ask aniway.. maybe some mooder had done the real sounds, lets wait...

5- i dont want to make a mod to short or to long... i will need to test it first

6- i will have to check then

7- yah i have tough in that altered monsters can make a new big expansion... new boss's and monsters can emerge

thank you Thom
Mods:
Isle of Gunger
The Bloody Path Dropped
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Modraneth wrote:i have to ask because i dont really undertand, im making my 1º mod so i want to learn everything i can, i put alot of time in this and i want to make it good, because i have other projects and ideas in mind

1- why when i place the lindworm on my mod he dont attack? (i make the arena in the sky and he came flying, but he dont fight me, so i dont know what to do, i need to put the scripts for boss fight? he cant be a normal mob?)

2- i want to place cinematics how do i do that? (i havent finish my mod yet but i wana ask, and where do i got the cinematics?)

3- when i finish the mod, how do i create the story? (like the other mods have it when we are choosing on mod list, i think that will be a way to make it but i want to be certain so i ask it)

4- someone have fixed the scavenger, goromorg and ice lizard from LoG1? if yes i hope you can help me because i will need them on my future projects

5- my actual project have 20 floors that was enough for a good mod? (i think we will need at least 4 or 5 hours to make the game, not tested yet)

6- how do i make the party have dialogue? (i play some mods where the party have dialogue with each other so i know its possible but i cant make it by myself)

7- its possible to make some monsters bigger, like the twigroot, make the twigroot bigger to make a treeboss, or the summon stone make him like the magma golem but without fire and that stuff, just a rock golem, i have other ideas to monsters but i want to know if its possible.

i think that its all for now.. if someone can help me i will enjoy, thank you
1. you need input his brain so he can start reacting and do something. If you search forum around you will definitely find many usefull things about brain behavior or even some scripting for working lindworm I am sure.
2. John W. is working on it in his GrimTK, otherwise you can do a static or animated video. If you search the forum you will find how to do that (or at least which format to use etc... ) or you can send message to some other custom dungeon creator which has static video in his mode so he can answer you directly.
3. not sure what are you asking about ? you are your own story teller, you can create any story you want :)
4. ice lizard and goromorg certainly working well (just search the forum). As for the scavenger I did not try
5. definitely ok, you can always expand later if you wish
6. download John GrimTK dialogue system, there is even custom dungeon as an example so you can check what you need. Or you can use simple hud messages if you plan nothing complicated
7. yes, but you need some graphical software and knowledge hot to enlarge the default 3d models.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Modraneth

Post by Modraneth »

thank you for ur time drakkan
i will check everything. i have already release my first mod. but for my next mod that will help alot.
Mods:
Isle of Gunger
The Bloody Path Dropped
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

Wow. I had to reply though.

By the fact that LoG2 does not support cinematics.

I never knew about that.

I'm still on Log 1 haha. Good old times. ( I just never had time to finish it.. work work and work, you know the drill).
( Am still in struggle to make the cinematics works in Log 1, But It will work.. 1 day)
Modraneth

Post by Modraneth »

someone know where i can find the sound for goromog and scavenger (expecially scavenger i really need this one on my mod)
if someone can find a solution i will be very thankful
Mods:
Isle of Gunger
The Bloody Path Dropped
THOM

Post by THOM »

There is no official possibility to get this soundfiles.
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Sutekh

Post by Sutekh »

For me, the easiest way to fix the sound issues with the Goromorg and Scavenger was to just simply use the monster sounds that come with LoG2.

For example, I used the following for the Goromorg:

Code: Select all

defineSound{
   name = "goromorg_walk",
   filename = {
      "assets/samples/monsters/wizard_warp_01.wav",
      "assets/samples/monsters/wizard_warp_02.wav",
      "assets/samples/monsters/wizard_warp_03.wav",
      },
   loop = false,
   volume = 0.2,
   minDistance = 2,
   maxDistance = 12,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "goromorg_footstep",
   filename = {
      },
   loop = false,
   volume = 0.1,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "goromorg_attack",
   filename = "assets/samples/monsters/wizard_ranged_attack_01.wav",
   loop = false,
   volume = 1.5,
   minDistance = 2,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "goromorg_hit",
   filename = { 
      "assets/samples/weapons/hit_bone_01.wav",
      "assets/samples/weapons/hit_bone_02.wav",
      "assets/samples/weapons/hit_flesh_01.wav",
      },
   loop = false,
   volume = 1,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "goromorg_die",
   filename = "assets/samples/monsters/uggardian_die_01.wav",
   loop = false,
   volume = 1,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }
And for the Scavenger:

defineSound{
   name = "scavenger_walk",
   filename = "assets/samples/monsters/warg_walk_01.wav",
   loop = false,
   volume = 0.6,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   clipDistance = 5,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "scavenger_attack",
   filename = "assets/samples/monsters/spider_attack_01.wav",
   loop = false,
   volume = 1,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "scavenger_die",
   filename = "assets/samples/monsters/spider_die_01.wav",
   loop = false,
   volume = 1,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "scavenger_hit",
   filename = { 
      "assets/samples/monsters/spider_hit_01.wav",
      },
   loop = false,
   volume = 1,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }
Obviously, there are only a certain number of sounds that will make for a good fit for the monsters that you're trying to match them to, but you can still get some pretty decent results with a little patience and experimentation.
Modraneth

Post by Modraneth »

Sutekh wrote:For me, the easiest way to fix the sound issues with the Goromorg and Scavenger was to just simply use the monster sounds that come with LoG2.

For example, I used the following for the Goromorg:

defineSound{
   name = "goromorg_walk",
   filename = {
      },
   loop = false,
   volume = 0.2,
   minDistance = 2,
   maxDistance = 12,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "goromorg_footstep",
   filename = {
      },
   loop = false,
   volume = 0.1,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "goromorg_attack",
   filename = "assets/samples/monsters/wizard_ranged_attack_01.wav",
   loop = false,
   volume = 1.5,
   minDistance = 2,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "goromorg_hit",
   filename = { 
      },
   loop = false,
   volume = 1,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "goromorg_die",
   filename = "assets/samples/monsters/uggardian_die_01.wav",
   loop = false,
   volume = 1,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }
And for the Scavenger:

defineSound{
   name = "scavenger_walk",
   filename = "assets/samples/monsters/warg_walk_01.wav",
   loop = false,
   volume = 0.6,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   clipDistance = 5,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "scavenger_attack",
   filename = "assets/samples/monsters/spider_attack_01.wav",
   loop = false,
   volume = 1,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "scavenger_die",
   filename = "assets/samples/monsters/spider_die_01.wav",
   loop = false,
   volume = 1,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }

defineSound{
   name = "scavenger_hit",
   filename = { 
      "assets/samples/monsters/spider_hit_01.wav",
      },
   loop = false,
   volume = 1,
   minDistance = 1,
   maxDistance = 10,
   }
Obviously, there are only a certain number of sounds that will make for a good fit for the monsters that you're trying to match them to, but you can still get some pretty decent results with a little patience and experimentation.
u need the assect pack 2 for this right ?
Mods:
Isle of Gunger
The Bloody Path Dropped