[FIXED] BUG: item spawn spot ahead of monsters dying tile

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
Dr.Disaster

Re: BUG: item spawn spot ahead of monsters dying tile

Post by Dr.Disaster »

badhabit wrote:If this is again a timing problem (like previous arrow droppign and wall piercing problems) it could be again also FPS dependent. I guess your system is plainly to good to expose these problems often enough. Therefore tests on a multitude of systesm are important. Test this case on a slower rig where you end up with <30FPS (or downclock CPU/GPU of your main system, maybe even FPS limiter is enough).
Well in that case your system would be perfect as a test subject. :lol:

I showed my finds about this bug and when it happends. Let's see what you can come up with.
petri

Post by petri »

Dude, this is not caused by "non-atomic operations" and it's not FPS dependent. It's just very, very rare.

Anyhow, thanks to Dr. Disaster, I'm now able to reproduce the problem. I should be able to fix it now.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Glad you could reproduce it! This behavior is really hard to enforce. Just to give an impression how rare it is: i've had it happen maybe four to five times at best in a complete game (cage start to nexus end) with a party doing nothing but ranged attacks!
petri

Post by petri »

Fixed!
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

petri wrote:Dude, this is not caused by "non-atomic operations" and it's not FPS dependent. It's just very, very rare.

Anyhow, thanks to Dr. Disaster, I'm now able to reproduce the problem. I should be able to fix it now.
Brilliant! What was the reason/way to reproduce?
Eiolesipulia

Post by Eiolesipulia »

Seems to me that the bug ain't fixed as I ran into similar problem today. I also lost my equipped blowpipe in the process.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Eiolesipulia wrote:I also lost my equipped blowpipe in the process.
Yeah sure .. go troll somewhere else.
FennerMachine

Post by FennerMachine »

I lost an item in Kilbreach Bog recently, not to a frog.
It was a throwing item.
Auto pickup did not work.
Another game similar happened but I found the item and picked it up manually.
Perhaps it's too with the level design in the Bog?
Eiolesipulia

Post by Eiolesipulia »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Eiolesipulia wrote:I also lost my equipped blowpipe in the process.
Yeah sure .. go troll somewhere else.
Thanks for the response. I created the profile to report a bug not to troll but whatever. I fought against a turtle in quite early game, probably the second dungeon in the game or so. I thought I accidentally dropped my blowpipe when fighting but couldn't find my ammo (three darts) or the blowpipe nowhere in the area. I'm not 100% sure if the turtle was going towards me or what but my equipped weapon and the darts were lost whatsoever. I googled for what might happened and found the forum. I thought it would help if I reported the bug because it is somewhat annoying, but apparently this is not what the support forum is for in your opinion.
FennerMachine

Post by FennerMachine »

If you lost darts AND the blowpipe then it's likely you accidentally swapped weapon slots on that party member.