[FIXED] BUG: item spawn spot ahead of monsters dying tile

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
Dr.Disaster

Re: BUG: item spawn spot ahead of monsters dying tile

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Eiolesipulia wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:
Eiolesipulia wrote:I also lost my equipped blowpipe in the process.
Yeah sure .. go troll somewhere else.
Thanks for the response. I created the profile to report a bug not to troll but whatever. I fought against a turtle in quite early game, probably the second dungeon in the game or so. I thought I accidentally dropped my blowpipe when fighting but couldn't find my ammo (three darts) or the blowpipe nowhere in the area. I'm not 100% sure if the turtle was going towards me or what but my equipped weapon and the darts were lost whatsoever. I googled for what might happened and found the forum. I thought it would help if I reported the bug because it is somewhat annoying, but apparently this is not what the support forum is for in your opinion.
You did not report a bug.
You simply jumped at a report that sounded similar enough on first sight and added a quick post.
You missed that just 2 posts above yours petri told almost a year ago that this very specific bug reported here is FIXED!

Equipped gear does not get lost! NEVER!
Gear can be stolen but there is only one monster in the game that can steal gear from your hands and that's no turtle.

FennerMachine gave the most likely explanation what happened.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

FennerMachine wrote:I lost an item in Kilbreach Bog recently, not to a frog.
It was a throwing item.
Auto pickup did not work.
Another game similar happened but I found the item and picked it up manually.
Perhaps it's too with the level design in the Bog?
This is a similar issue but it's not monster related. It's most likely to happen with lots of blockers around, rocks, bushes, trees and such.

When you throw/shoot AND strafe left / right your projectile can manages to passes said blocker tiles at their very edges. With nothing to stop the projectile it will travel it's regular distance (7 or 8 tiles) and then fall to the ground. Now if the landing area of the projectile can be reached by the party auto-pickup will grab it as soon as you walk over it. But if this landing area is unreachable by the party this projectile is indeed lost and can only be recovered with console use.
Eiolesipulia

Post by Eiolesipulia »

Dr.Disaster wrote: You did not report a bug.
You simply jumped at a report that sounded similar enough on first sight and added a quick post.
You missed that just 2 posts above yours petri told almost a year ago that this very specific bug reported here is FIXED!

Equipped gear does not get lost! NEVER!
Gear can be stolen but there is only one monster in the game that can steal gear from your hands and that's no turtle.

FennerMachine gave the most likely explanation what happened.
I read the thread through and yes I saw Petri's posts too. I thought it could have been the same bug with different sequencing including accidentally dropping weapon when monster died or something. I didn't give very detailed post that's true but my motives were sincere.

I didn't realize to check the secondary weapon slot and the accidental weapon slot swapping might have been the problem. I apologize for the inconvenience.

And thanks to FennerMachine for polite answer.
okamiyazaki

Re: [FIXED] BUG: item spawn spot ahead of monsters dying til

Post by okamiyazaki »

Having a bug similar to this... Shuriken have disappeared on several occasions. Most recently, I was fighting in a pit in the catacombs (so it's only a few cells wide and there's nowhere for the shuriken to go). When I killed the enemy, there were no shuriken anymore. Checked all inventories, weapon slots, everything. Checked all cells in the pit and all over, and nothing. This is the 3rd time it has happened. There is definitely still a bug. :(
Dr.Disaster

Re: [FIXED] BUG: item spawn spot ahead of monsters dying til

Post by Dr.Disaster »

okamiyazaki wrote:Having a bug similar to this... Shuriken have disappeared on several occasions. Most recently, I was fighting in a pit in the catacombs (so it's only a few cells wide and there's nowhere for the shuriken to go). When I killed the enemy, there were no shuriken anymore. Checked all inventories, weapon slots, everything. Checked all cells in the pit and all over, and nothing. This is the 3rd time it has happened. There is definitely still a bug. :(
Which enemy did you fight?
If it was one of those fire elementals that crash into your party: this monster-related bug was fixed in version 2.2.1

Which game version do you have? Current game versions are 2.2.4 for Windows and 2.2.6 for Mac.
You need to have at least version 2.2.1 to fix this specific item spawn-ahead bug.