Wormbound Catacombs Crystal Bug

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
LastFootnote

Wormbound Catacombs Crystal Bug

Post by LastFootnote »

In the Wormbound Catacombs, the save crystal appears to be below the bridge. As in, it appears below the spot it's supposed to be, but I can step "into" it. It doesn't save my game when I click on it from the lower level. The space where it should appear on the upper level is impassable, but in order to save my game I have to click it down though the gaps in the bridge.

I believe I was running version 2.1.15. Let me know what other information you need to replicate this bug.
Sir Tawmis

Re: Wormbound Catacombs Crystal Bug

Post by Sir Tawmis »

That should have been fixed with 2.1.14 according to this thread and it doesn't say "doesn't work on old games" or whatever it is when it doesn't impact a current game (only new games).
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
LastFootnote

Post by LastFootnote »

Sir Tawmis wrote:That should have been fixed with 2.1.14 according to this thread and it doesn't say "doesn't work on old games" or whatever it is when it doesn't impact a current game (only new games).
Well, I should double-check my version tonight. I meant to do so when I quit the game last night, but forgot. Thanks for the link, though. Not sure how I missed that.
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

Not fixed..... Beta 2.1.17
Regards,

RMariano
LastFootnote

Post by LastFootnote »

RMariano wrote:Not fixed..... Beta 2.1.17
Confirmed. At least, it's not fixed in old save games.
Soaponarope

Post by Soaponarope »

Was just going to report this. The space where the crystal should be blocks my party even though there is nothing there, and below the crystal is in the way of an item in an alcove. Happens even on new game for me.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
EvoluZion3

Post by EvoluZion3 »

I see GOG is still only running 2.1.17 which I have and I have just run into the bug as well (the crystal is below where it is supposed to be).
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

EvoluZion3 wrote:I see GOG is still only running 2.1.17 which I have and I have just run into the bug as well (the crystal is below where it is supposed to be).
I can confirm that it's fixed by loading a savegame done at this crystal. With 2.1.17 the crystal is below the planks while with 2.1.13 and now 2.1.18 it's (now again) above where it belongs.
EvoluZion3

Post by EvoluZion3 »

^ confirmed