Quick save corrupted

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
Pyros

Quick save corrupted

Post by Pyros »

This is what's in the grimrock.log that gets created when I try to load my quicksave. Other saves work fine and I had no issues so far doing quick saves/quick loads, but it got corrupted this time and doesn't look like I can reload it anymore.

=== Software Failure ===

[string "SaveGame.lua"]:0: inflate failed - ran out of available bytes
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'readId'
[string "SaveGame.lua"]: in function 'openChunk'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'loadGame'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
Dr.Disaster

Re: Quick save corrupted

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Pyros wrote:[string "SaveGame.lua"]:0: inflate failed - ran out of available bytes
My guesses:
- your C: drive is full and LoG2 has no more room to write it's savegame which corrupted the last quicksave.
- your C: drive is damaged so the file got corrupted during write.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

If it's not too late (I.e. you have not deleted it yet) it might be useful for the devs if you could move your broken quicksave.sav file onto your desktop in case they might find it useful for bug hunting!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

JohnWordsworth wrote:If it's not too late (I.e. you have not deleted it yet) it might be useful for the devs if you could move your broken quicksave.sav file onto your desktop in case they might find it useful for bug hunting!
Aye, in case it was really a bug; even a very rare one. Never ever had a corrupt savegame myself in LoG1 or LoG2 and i save a lot!

EDIT:
It could have also be the Steam Cloud. It never happend to me yet but i've heard from other players that their saves of other games got corrupted by Steam syncing down bad/damaged files.
Pyros

Post by Pyros »

Sadly forgot to copy it before I rerolled and quicksaved over it. Disk wasn't full and I don't think it's failling(yet), didn't have an issue with other stuff. Steam cloud saving disabled globally specifically because of potential issues with it. I've just been making more saves other than quicksaves now to prevent the issue from happening again(or well if it does, I'll have backups that aren't 2hours before). Plus I wanted to change my party anyway due to some non related issues(knights being weaker than expected due to the bug and earth/water mage not being really viable especially with alchemy leeching points).
Mikos

Post by Mikos »

Same problem but it is not quicksave ;(
if it helps:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvxeiven87qsi ... 1.sav?dl=0 link for save file.

I'm totally lost appetite to continue because last save is 5 hours old ;(
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Mikos wrote:Same problem but it is not quicksave ;(
if it helps:

Aye this save is corrupt:

Code: Select all

[string "SaveGame.lua"]:0: inflate failed - ran out of available bytes
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'readId'
	[string "SaveGame.lua"]: in function 'openChunk'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'loadGame'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Also tried to load it here, just in case, with both the current version and the latest version posted earlier today. No joy I'm afraid :(.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
petri

Post by petri »

Mikos wrote:Same problem but it is not quicksave ;(
if it helps:

Good news! Thank you for sending the save game, I was able to track down this. The save game is actually intact, but I found a bug in the save game loader. With the upcoming patch your save game can be loaded without problems. I'm sorry for all the trouble!

I'm currently trying to track down other (rare) broken save games to see if they all suffer from the same bug.
JERHIC0

Post by JERHIC0 »

I've had the same error in Legends of Grimrock 2 in the loading screen saying ERROR: inflate failed - ran out of available bytes. Wondering if the problem has been resolved since then or not; or if any one has any insights on it.