Quick save corrupted

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
Sir Tawmis

Re: Quick save corrupted

Post by Sir Tawmis »

JERHIC0 wrote:I've had the same error in Legends of Grimrock 2 in the loading screen saying ERROR: inflate failed - ran out of available bytes. Wondering if the problem has been resolved since then or not; or if any one has any insights on it.
What version of LOG2 are you running? (Version is located at the bottom left of the launch screen)

Because that should have been fixed with this:
http://www.grimrock.net/2014/10/22/grim ... te-2-1-13/

– bug fix: loading certain save games can sometimes crash with “inflate failed – ran out of available bytes” error
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

JERHIC0 wrote:I've had the same error in Legends of Grimrock 2 in the loading screen saying ERROR: inflate failed - ran out of available bytes. Wondering if the problem has been resolved since then or not; or if any one has any insights on it.
Version 2.1.13 mentioned by Sir Tawmis was the first post-release patch. I haven't seen any talk about corrupt LoG2 saves since then - at least not on Steam - so the fix seems to work fine and an update to 2.1.13 will prolly fix your problem. However there have been more patches since then so if you need to apply updates manually i wouldn't stop at 2.1.13. All patches for the windows version are here.
JERHIC0

Post by JERHIC0 »

I'm on version 2.2.4 I just downloaded it like 3 days ago on steam lol I tried re-downloading the patch that Dr.Disaster linked; That didn't work. I even tried re-installing the game to make sure it was up to date. Still doesn't work......
JERHIC0

Post by JERHIC0 »

AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

This file is definitively corrupted! It seems to be truncated as it should be a lot bigger than 4ko. I think I can not do anything for you on this one :(
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

LoG2 savegames are in general larger then 1mb. If your file is indeed just a few kb in size there is nothing that can be done.