Unable to see the walls - (FIXED)

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
Lobo1960

Unable to see the walls - (FIXED)

Post by Lobo1960 »

I just purchased the LoG 1 and LoG 2 package and wanted to start with LoG 1. However, I cannot see anything except glowing torches. No walls, no floor, no buttons, no "nothing"...well, except I see some white "fog" in one direction. I can pull up the mini-map and I can apparently move, as I show up in different locations. I've also been instructed to "pick up the torch" or die. I thought..."Woo-hoo, a torch...now I can see." Except I can't.

Are all my characters blind? Is it part of the atmosphere of the game? If so, then you forgot to put the atmosphere in LoG 2...where I can actually see walls.
Last edited by Lobo1960 on Tue May 17, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lobo1960

Re: Unable to see the walls

Post by Lobo1960 »

More information:

My son is now awake, and he has LoG 1. It works for him. I compared all the files from his machine to mine and everything is the same. I also noted that my Splash Screen for the game only displays the menu and a torch, while his displays a hallway and other visual elements. All my drivers are updated and DXDIAG shows no problems.

Can someone PLEASE help this bored old man out?

Thanks in advance.
Lobo1960

Re: Unable to see the walls - (FIXED)

Post by Lobo1960 »

Fixed it! I went into my video card settings, and apparently the drivers were overriding the game's video settings. When I made the corrections, the game displayed properly.

Moderator/Admin, please do as desired with the thread. Thanks
THOM

Re: Unable to see the walls - (FIXED)

Post by THOM »

Fine, that you fixed the Problem and found your way into Mount Grimrock... :)
:idea:
THOM formaly known as tschrage