Not registering first click with touchscreen

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
False Tragedian

Not registering first click with touchscreen

Post by False Tragedian »

Hi,
I've installed LoG 1 and 2 on a touchscreen laptop running Windows 10. I'm trying to play the game in Tablet mode with onscreen movement buttons (thus touchscreen controls only) but I've encountered an issue where the first touch on a given location doesn't seem to register.

For example:
Touch "Up" once - nothing happens
Touch "Up" twice - move forward one square
Touch "Up" three times - move forward two squares

Touch "turn right" twice and "up" once (like I'm trying to U-turn and move back): Turn right once, don't move.

I'm using the direction buttons as an example because it's the easiest to explain, but this applies to all elements on the screen - buttons, menu options, interactive items like torches, levers, text on the wall.
Any help with this/solution?
Dr.Disaster

Re: Not registering first click with touchscreen

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Without a touchscreen to test i can only guess. I'd take a look at the Win10 Tablet-Mode config. Your examples sounds like win10 tries to interpret the first touch into something i.e. a gesture. I'd toy a bit with the touchscreen settings.
False Tragedian

Re: Not registering first click with touchscreen

Post by False Tragedian »

Dr.Disaster wrote:Without a touchscreen to test i can only guess. I'd take a look at the Win10 Tablet-Mode config. Your examples sounds like win10 tries to interpret the first touch into something i.e. a gesture. I'd toy a bit with the touchscreen settings.
Tablet mode doesn't change anything, I've tried it in and out of tablet mode with no change. Also, this behavior only occurs within LoG and LoG 2, no other programs.