WTF? Hamlet WARZONE!

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
PaladinVito

WTF? Hamlet WARZONE!

Post by PaladinVito »

So, I was in the process of finding the statues which say "I am the Left eye..." and "I am the Right eye...". I had already found the one in Hamlet, but forgot to mark it. When I went through the portal from the Hub, I was SURROUNDED by ratmen, wargs, the ratling boss (another one, I already killed the one in the sewers), an ogre, and the trickster. HOLY CRAP was that intense! Anyone else have this happen to them yet?
Jirodyne

Re: WTF? Hamlet WARZONE!

Post by Jirodyne »

PaladinVito wrote:So, I was in the process of finding the statues which say "I am the Left eye..." and "I am the Right eye...". I had already found the one in Hamlet, but forgot to mark it. When I went through the portal from the Hub, I was SURROUNDED by ratmen, wargs, the ratling boss (another one, I already killed the one in the sewers), an ogre, and the trickster. HOLY CRAP was that intense! Anyone else have this happen to them yet?
The second Ratling boss, when you kill him he drops a letter... I wonder what it says...
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

PaladinVito wrote:So, I was in the process of finding the statues which say "I am the Left eye..." and "I am the Right eye...". I had already found the one in Hamlet, but forgot to mark it. When I went through the portal from the Hub, I was SURROUNDED by ratmen, wargs, the ratling boss (another one, I already killed the one in the sewers), an ogre, and the trickster. HOLY CRAP was that intense! Anyone else have this happen to them yet?
It's a scripted battle, happened to me after I
SpoilerShow
left the Crystal Mines again for the first time
PaladinVito

Post by PaladinVito »

Ah, I see. I had to click randomly to find the letter; it apparently moved strangely and was completely hidden by the sand.
karadoc

Post by karadoc »

I got this battle during my first playthrough; but it didn't happen on my second. I've finished the entire game, and I didn't get to fight the second rat boss. I wonder why. ???
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

karadoc wrote:I got this battle during my first playthrough; but it didn't happen on my second. I've finished the entire game, and I didn't get to fight the second rat boss. I wonder why. ???
After the mine did you head back out to the Hamlet?
karadoc

Post by karadoc »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
karadoc wrote:I got this battle during my first playthrough; but it didn't happen on my second. I've finished the entire game, and I didn't get to fight the second rat boss. I wonder why. ???
After the mine did you head back out to the Hamlet?
Sure. I've gone back to the Hamlet many times. But if it really is activated by going to the mine, that might still explain why I haven't seen it... I think I did the mine before fighting the first rat boss in the sewer - and so if the mine is the trigger, then it fired without being loaded - so to speak.

With that in mind, I'm going to load up the game now and just walk around in the mine a bit and then revisit the Hamlet again.

[edit]
That worked. :) It not quite as exciting with fully-equiped high-level characters, but it's still a bit of fun. And I was surprised to see The Trickster join the fight again...

Thanks for the help.