Cemetery - south east puzzle

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Yossarian

Cemetery - south east puzzle

Post by Yossarian »

Hi. I'm currently stuck at this puzzle. Tryed to time it to shot teleports with crosbowbolt, throw rock.
I'm timing it badly, or my concept how to solve this puzzle is wrong.
Image in spoler (to shorten this post) ;)
Any help?
SpoilerShow
itsmemario

Re: Cemetery - south east puzzle

Post by itsmemario »

Stand on the pressure plate. Then all of the gates will open one at another. Throw something in there. You dont have to miss one, or you must restart it.

Dont throw items by "attack clicking". Throw them manually.
Yossarian

Post by Yossarian »

Oh. "Simple" Dam it.
I was keep reseting it. thnx
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

I've tried throwing all sorts of things and they just appear in the bottom of the pit. :cry:
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

I am here also. I tried throwing from the inventory - and they vanish; but I am not quick enough to hit all three in one shot, so the item typically appears at the base of the trigger again when I go for a second round.
SpoilerShow
Seems like a good song to listen to while being stuck here... Cemetery Gates - Pantera.
SpoilerShow
"Cemetery Gates" - by Prisoners of Nex

Almost Human is this some conspiracy?
Shipwrecked on a mysterious island
With puzzles and death
All around me.
It all seems so unreal
I'm a prisoner cut in half in this world
Left in our misery...

Almost Human turned to me
Without a tear in their eyes
It's nothing new to them to see
So many puzzled
By the endless puzzles
I will remember
The love of Grimrock 1
Wait, I'm not sure
I ever got done
With the Undying One

Well I guess
You took my sanity
I gave it all away
To play LOG2
New found joy
Turned to endless nights
Of torment and misery
How can this be?
I shouldn't scream
The pride within my soul
Says I shouldn't ask for help
But I am going insane trying to figure these out.

Believe the word
I will unlock these gates
And pass the
Cemetery gates
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
The cube

Post by The cube »

Basically, here is a walkthrough of the puzzle:

1. put three rocks to your hand, then shift-click one of them to get it floationg

2. Get on the plate, and throw the floating rock at the first opening gate.

3. Guess which one is going to open next. throw one rock there, then turn at the last one and wait it to open, throw one there

It's not that hard. after realizing how to do it, it toke me three tries. I don't have good enough reactions to manage reacting fast enough twice, so i just guessed which one was going to open second.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Ah! I had three knives, I was grabbing each from the inventory slot (with inventory open). Having them in the hand already may be just what I need to make it fast enough.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Nikolos

Post by Nikolos »

A quick way to do this one (assuming you have a full party) is to equip three separate people with a rock/knife/shuriken. Hit the plate, listen for which opens, and turn and throw at that one. You have to get all three in the same try, or you'll have to start over.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Nikolos wrote:A quick way to do this one (assuming you have a full party) is to equip three separate people with a rock/knife/shuriken. Hit the plate, listen for which opens, and turn and throw at that one. You have to get all three in the same try, or you'll have to start over.
This was exactly what just got me past this puzzle after spending way too much time throwing and trying to time it. Did the above (but I used throwing knives) and did it first try. Thank you!
Kashrlyyk

Post by Kashrlyyk »

I just reset the puzzle until the first gate that opens was the eastern one, the next is then the western gate and the north is last.

That was the only way to solve it since I am deaf on one ear.