Gold Keys

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
lurker

Gold Keys

Post by lurker »

I'm having a heck of a time locating the gold keys necessary for the 4-5 locks I've found already.
SpoilerShow
The first key I found was in the Hamlet of Stormbreach.
Anybody recall where some of the others found? Thanks.
Sir Tawmis

Re: Gold Keys

Post by Sir Tawmis »

They're definitely found before then. I know I found way on Sleet Island (I believe), because that's how I got the "bone sword" (not sure what the actual name is; but the sword that's in the force field in the bog area connecting to Sleet Island).
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Firderis

Post by Firderis »

1. Key:
SpoilerShow
Shipwreck Beach, use the rapier with the second statue (near the crystal)
2. Key:
SpoilerShow
Twigroot forest, dig one south and then west from the statue with "Another way out"
3. Key:
SpoilerShow
Forgotten River, inside the box under the broken bridge in front of the castle
4. Key:
SpoilerShow
The Cache at Forgotten River. The last rat let it fall
Jirodyne

Post by Jirodyne »

5. Key:
SpoilerShow
If you know how to get to the Water Temple Island in the middle of Sleet Island early, down in the caves on it there is a note hinting to the location of a gold key, and 4 gold locks you can open if wanted, like in The Cashe
Gah, can't remember where any of the others are off the top of my head. But I do know that like in LoG 1 you don't get enough keys for all the doors in the game, and some doors are... kinda just pointless. In fact, a LOT of them are just plain pointless and a waste with junk in them.

Makes me sad, I was expecting like LoG 1 where each one was a very unique choice with epic items, but you can only get 1-2 of them. Instead you have a lot of them, most being useless and just not as good as others, and more than one just have the same items that are found in another part of the game if you know where to look >.<
AsgarZigel

Post by AsgarZigel »

You usually find a gold key nearby the gold locks.
Instylar

Post by Instylar »

Any gold key can be used on any gold lock?
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

Instylar wrote:Any gold key can be used on any gold lock?
Yeah.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Wow, strangely enough I would have really only come across two keys by this time in my travels! Some listed I have been around but have not fully explored yet so I guess I don't feel so lost after all 8-)
ByFstugan

Post by ByFstugan »

As I understood it - to get the mirror amulet for XP one need a gold-key and can "save one" for getting that ASAP - which one should that be, and how fast can that item be found? Any guild for getting that ASAP?

Also, which gold-key-holes should be avoided you think?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

ByFstugan wrote:As I understood it - to get the mirror amulet for XP one need a gold-key and can "save one" for getting that ASAP - which one should that be, and how fast can that item be found? Any guild for getting that ASAP?
There are actually 2 spirit amulets in the game. Both are not hidden thus hard to miss. The one in the flooded dungeon requires a gold key while the other one in the Hamlet just sits around waiting to be picked up.
ByFstugan wrote:Also, which gold-key-holes should be avoided you think?
err .. those with stuff you don't have a use for?