[Spoilers] Special Armor Set Compendium v1.5

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
iwcuforever

Re: [Spoilers] Special Armor Set Compendium v1.3

Post by iwcuforever »

Crystal Greaves is in the Crystal Mine Core,but you need to use rope in Crystal Mine Entrance for going there.
SpoilerShow
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Embalmer's Headpiece
SpoilerShow
Piramid of Umas, Tomb of The Forgotten. In a small alcove with 3 sarcophagus.

Prot 2, Vit 1, 0.5 Kg.
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

Ugluk wrote:Meteor shield is in the Sewers, in an alcove in a 3x3 room. Picking it up closes the room off and the Leprechaun appears with a heap of firebombs. It also releases the Fire elementals into the Sewers (one near both exits to the room).
Good
Tarami wrote:Reed helmet, Twigroot Tunnels, secret door behind the skeletons that appear when you pick up the brass key.

Rogue chest, Twigroot Tunnels, secret door inside the easternmost warg pen in the Nest.
We already covered the helm, but what is a "warg pen" ? Maybe it's a Warg Den ? :?
Tarami wrote:Reed chest, Twigroot Tunnels, secret door in the room with the exit stairs (separate from the entrance stairs).

Reed boots, Forgotten River, buried chest 4 spaces north and 1 east of the entrance to The Cache.

Edit:
All the secret doors I've mentioned thus far have been opened by a nearby hidden switch. 8-)
I will check, thx. But since it's buried... :mrgreen:
sergregor wrote:Not sure if anyone made this correction yet, too lazy to check all pages, but
Rogue Gloves - Forgotten River, SE, right after the Shrine of Entanglement there is a 5 tiles structure with a hidden button.
The structure is six tiles large and it's west-southwest, not southeast.
Right, W-SW, but you SEE the 5 tile structure that teleport you in the 6 tiles structur, gotta fix that.
Puryfier wrote:Archmages boots are in crystal mines. Little statue shooting opens/closes all those ground hatches. Underneath those ground hatches there is a spiked area. In the corner is little room that is opened by little button. Think the button was on wooded wall above spiked pit.

Meteor helm is close by just sitting on a shelf.
Checking :ugeek:
sergregor wrote:Mirror Chestplate is in The Lexiconary in a hidden area to the south. Location 254 on this map.
Very precise. thx
Ichthyic wrote:I can see the secret area with the archmage hat in the sewers (from the water area with the mosquitos and powerstone), but I can't figure out how to get into it.

got it.

there is a hidden button in the room with the spikes. go down into the spike pit where the ladder is. the button is on the wall opposite to the ladder, one square over.
Yeah, i totally rember that, thx
iwcuforever wrote:Crystal Gauntlets is in the north of Sewers.
When you go to 5 little islands in specific order,the teleporter will open.(There is a map hint that,but i forgot where i got it.)
Cool, checking ! :lol:
Dr.Disaster wrote:Some infos to clear your list a bit:

- Embalmer Set has no gloves and no shield
- Archmage Set has no gloves and no shield
- Rogue Set has no shield
- Tribal Set has no gloves and no boots
- Reed Set has no shield
- Mirror Set has no shield; the buckler does not belong to it
That's why they are "---" instead of names.
Yeah, buckler MAY not belong to it, but has the damn same symbol that the mirror got all over so... i call it a style set. :idea:
iwcuforever wrote:Crystal Greaves is in the Crystal Mine Core,but you need to use rope in Crystal Mine Entrance for going there.
Ok, i belive i could just drop down and take damage, uh ?
Nexus wrote:Embalmer's Headpiece - Piramid of Umas, Tomb of The Forgotten. In a small alcove with 3 sarcophagus.
thx

UPDATING IN PROGRESS
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

Ok, thing we still got NO IDEA:

LEG: [*]Embalmer's Pants - ???

TORSO:[*]ArchMage's Scapular - ???

-------------------
LIGHT ARMORS
-------------------

SHIELD: [*]Thraelm Tribal Buckler [+2 Evasion, +5 Energy, No Light armor needed] - ???[/list][/spoiler]

LEG: [*]Reed Legmail - ???
HANDS: [*]Reed Gauntlets - ???

HEAD:[*]Mirror Tagelmust - ??? <-----------
FEET: [*]Mirror Greaves - ???
Chiller

Post by Chiller »

Argh I can't quite remember where I was when I got the Archmage chestpiece but I'm pretty sure it was the Pyramid (because that's when I completed the set, and noticed the set bonus, and made a thread about it).
Depili

Post by Depili »

Embalmers pants are missing from the release version of the game, but the (currently in beta) patch adds them somewhere into the game.
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

Depili wrote:Embalmers pants are missing from the release version of the game, but the (currently in beta) patch adds them somewhere into the game.
That's just... evil ! :evil:
Tarami

Post by Tarami »

Klezzon wrote:We already covered the helm, but what is a "warg pen" ? Maybe it's a Warg Den ? :?
Oops, yes you did.

Pen as in dog pen, one of the small rooms the ratlings keep the wargs in. :)
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

Tarami wrote:
Klezzon wrote:We already covered the helm, but what is a "warg pen" ? Maybe it's a Warg Den ? :?
Oops, yes you did.

Pen as in dog pen, one of the small rooms the ratlings keep the wargs in. :)
First time i heard that word, cool.
Tarami

Re: [Spoilers] Special Armor Set Compendium v1.4

Post by Tarami »

Minor mistake: The set bonus for the Crystal set is +75 health, not +80. Putting on the final piece adds 80 because the piece itself has +5 health (unless it's the shield).