Stuck in the library of the Castle Nex

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Tojann

Stuck in the library of the Castle Nex

Post by Tojann »

Well i am stuck in the library... there is a door with three switches... I really didnt find a clue how to open the door... Each switch clicks a amount of times when its turned down and the door botton is press'd.

West switch clicks 4 times

North switch clicks 2 times

and the east klicks 1 time

Combinations of them makes amount of click (West + east = 5 clicks)

everz combination i done didnt work. I counted with the switches up and down to 7... nothing worked.

Anzbodz have a clue?
daede

Re: Stuck in the library of the Castle Nex

Post by daede »

There is a helpful note somewhere in the library.
Tojann

Post by Tojann »

Well, i got it :)
SpoilerShow
When you run around the single pillars...

one II
Two V
Three III

So hit the Switches

North (2 clicks) and the botton
West and East (4 Clicks + 1 Clicks) and the botton
North and East (2 Clicks + 1 Click) and the botton
sazyanti

Post by sazyanti »

ok Im using that combination and I just dont get it. All i get when i click the crystal is a series of clicks and the gate does not open.

UPDATE: got it
SpoilerShow
you have to do it a specific order
1) start with all switch up left=west, center=north, right=east
2) north switch down, push button, switch up (will hear 2 clicks)
3) west and east switch down, push button, switch up (will hears 5 clicks)
4) north and east switch down, push button (will hear 3 clicks and gate opens)
Ichthyic

Post by Ichthyic »

ok... but what's with running around the pillars? you get a note that tells you to do that, but when I try it, every time there is a click, 2 medusa spawn. nasty.
Depili

Post by Depili »

Ichthyic wrote:ok... but what's with running around the pillars? you get a note that tells you to do that, but when I try it, every time there is a click, 2 medusa spawn. nasty.
Something will appear on one side of the pillar when you have gone around it enough times
Leidulfr

Post by Leidulfr »

Could anyone please just hint to me where the ♥♥♥♥ these "lone pillars" even are? I found the note in the Castle referring to them, and apparently everyone but me has found the pillars being referenced and it's driving me ♥♥♥♥ing insane. This is the only time I've gotten stumped during my entire 40 hour first play through. I have gone up and down this goddamn castle for two hours looking at every single pillar looking ♥♥♥♥ing thing in it and I see nothing but the same copy pasted stone texture everywhere. I looked outside. I went to anything that looked like a pillar on the entire map and can't determine if any of them are any more "lone" than the next ones... what does "lone" even mean? Standing alone? Not supporting anything, like a pillar would? Not being against anything? Not being with other pillars? WTF?! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! The ♥♥♥♥ing note had me thinking I needed to run in circles around all of the pillars in the castle with the second line and that did nothing.

I don't want the levers spoiled for me. It must have something to do with that note and the ♥♥♥♥ing pillars... my question is, WHAT PILLARS? WHERE? PLEASE. THERE ARE PILLARS EVERYWHERE!

WHY AM I APPARENTLY BLIND? Am I taking "pillar" too literally???

Please, send hints. Thanks... this is infuriating... literally nothing else to do (that I know of).
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Leidulfr wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:26 am Could anyone please just hint to me where the
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18399&p=119335#p119347