No good Light Weapons?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
gawainzl

No good Light Weapons?

Post by gawainzl »

My light weapon Knight has used the rapier then the longsword for the entire game so far, meanwhile my heavy weapon Barbarian has had a very wide variety of good heavy weapons. Can anybody point me to a better light weapon?
Klezzon

Re: No good Light Weapons?

Post by Klezzon »

Mhh... only one i can think about is... *Major Spoiler*
SpoilerShow
...in the The Steel Vault, inside the Flooded Dungeon [near Water Temple], but it will cost you one golden key ! [Luckly there is one in there].
SpoilerShow
...in the photo you can also see the Ethereal Blade and "The Ring" :mrgreen:
gawainzl

Post by gawainzl »

Klezzon wrote:Mhh... only one i can think about is... *Major Spoiler*
SpoilerShow
...in the The Steel Vault, inside the Flooded Dungeon [near Water Temple], but it will cost you one golden key ! [Luckly there is one in there].
SpoilerShow
...in the photo you can also see the Ethereal Blade and "The Ring" :mrgreen:
How do you get into the flooded dungeon?
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

gawainzl wrote:How do you get into the flooded dungeon?
It's some kind of VERY BIG spoiler HOW to reach the Water Temple, so... maybe try to get there by yourself, but if you REALLY need to go there...
SpoilerShow
Find the silent stone face near the piramid and look at what it's looking during the night until somenthing happens...
^Think twice before reading !
BTW i just remember there is another sword with the 12-37 range, +10 accuracy and Leech in a forcefield at the start of the Cemetery.
Swordborn

Post by Swordborn »

I have had something of the same issue. Have been using the same pair of daggers for a very long time now, and feeling a little hamstrung in terms of damage with my dual-wielding ratling rogue because of it.

Seems like there have been plenty of STR-based one-handed light weapons dropped, but only a couple DEX-based. I'm holding out hope for a forcefield with a lovely dagger in it somewhere. :)
Deathuponu

Post by Deathuponu »

Klezzon wrote:
gawainzl wrote:How do you get into the flooded dungeon?
It's some kind of VERY BIG spoiler HOW to reach the Water Temple, so... maybe try to get there by yourself, but if you REALLY need to go there...
SpoilerShow
Find the silent stone face near the piramid and look at what it's looking during the night until somenthing happens...
^Think twice before reading !
BTW i just remember there is another sword with the 12-37 range, +10 accuracy and Leech in a forcefield at the start of the Cemetery.
Is it dex based or strength?
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

Deathuponu wrote:Is it dex based or strength?
Sorry, strength.

Best Dex weapon until now is the "Fist Dagger", a 9-27 + dex Katar.
Lightthrower

Post by Lightthrower »

On the second floor of the pyramid, you can get the Sickle sword from a mimic.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =327913021
Swordborn

Post by Swordborn »

In addition to the Sickle, there are two more very good Dex-based light weapons to be found by completing the pyramid complex. My complaint at this point becomes that they stacked them all in one place. :P