[Spoilers] Spells Compendium v2.0

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Depili

Re: [Spoilers] Spells Compendium v2.0

Post by Depili »

Then there is also the Shaman Staff.
TheLegendaryNarwhal

Post by TheLegendaryNarwhal »

With the concentration shield spell, if you were to try and take a battlemage class for a tank, that's a huge 25 protection points without any armor. Would this potentially make a battlemage maybe not the BEST but a GOOD tank? If so, for how long would it be better then some random minotaur wearing heavy armor?
Depili

Post by Depili »

IIRC my knight had about 190 protection in the end-game.
Jirodyne

Post by Jirodyne »

TheLegendaryNarwhal wrote:With the concentration shield spell, if you were to try and take a battlemage class for a tank, that's a huge 25 protection points without any armor. Would this potentially make a battlemage maybe not the BEST but a GOOD tank? If so, for how long would it be better then some random minotaur wearing heavy armor?
The best 'face tank' sitting there and just tanking, would be a Lizard - Endure Elements, Poison Immune - Battlemage with 3 Con, 3 Fire, 3 Water, 4 Armor, 3 Acc and 2 in the +hp skill Agility I think, wearing Crystal armor and shield set. Doesn't matter the weapon, you will out live every enemy except the bosses.
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

IIRC my knight had about 190 protection in the end-game.
Please explain this
Max armor pieces is 18x5 =90 (max heavy =25% =110)
Knight Protection per level (end game is level 14, 15 possibly 16) =15 avg.
A bracelet gives a protection of 3 I believe somewhere =+3
Scaled Cloak =5
Max available with Knight =133

What did I miss? I would like to try for that 190 protection.

Is it truly possible to face tank in this game? By the time I got to the areas that yield the best armors for high protects I had already passed many mobs I had to strafe fight. I am playing on Hard mind you but I did not find much that I could face tank until very late game.
Depili

Post by Depili »

Double checking myself, knight has 130 prot and a barbarian had 92 prot, so must have gotten the numbers messed up in my mind. The 25 from the shield spell is in the order of 1/5 of a pure armor tanks protection value.
Alziel

Post by Alziel »

I've noticed that the Darkness spell does seem to disorient enemies as long as they are within the 'darkness cloud' - they often end up facing away from me as they range around trying to find me and it seems more reliable than Invisibility for maneuvering around them. Can anybody else confirm this?

Also - which spell was cut with the patch? Was it Frost Bolt? Haven't tried it to see because I've never put more than 1 point into Water magic.