Stuck in the archives / lexiconary / secret room

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
neondead

Re: Stuck in the archives / lexiconary / secret room

Post by neondead »

Not sure if this helps but one of the mimics did drop a regular lockpick. Maybe that is the bug they dropped a reguarl lockpick instead of the special one.
ernirulez

Post by ernirulez »

Same problem here. I just found a lockpick, not the key :(
ernirulez

Post by ernirulez »

Fuck! I just found it. I guess it was just hard to spot in the ground depending on where it drops..
tortugapir8

Post by tortugapir8 »

On a somewhat related note, when you teleport out of this room and go back to the main area if you turn around and look at the teleporter which brought you to the mimic room you'll see a button on the wall behind the teleporter. I've been trying to find a way to get to this button with no avail.
Elmofuntz

Post by Elmofuntz »

tortugapir8 wrote:On a somewhat related note, when you teleport out of this room and go back to the main area if you turn around and look at the teleporter which brought you to the mimic room you'll see a button on the wall behind the teleporter. I've been trying to find a way to get to this button with no avail.
Thats the button that took you into the room in the first place.

And thank god for this post I searched that room 4 times looking for a hidden key :evil: or way out and was about to say screw it and load and come back later thinking the creators got stupid and the key was elsewhere. Finally found it in the middle of the room on top of a fire grate. :o Very hard to see as the fire makes the sparkle not show.
pdepmcp

Post by pdepmcp »

Same problem here. Mimics killed , but no key :(

I have to reload it...
pdepmcp

Post by pdepmcp »

Reloaded, killed again and now the key is there....
Tanno

Post by Tanno »

I can confirm this issue, too. Just playing this game for the first time and found out this bug. In the first try, it doesn't appear. Try reloading the game and it might be appearing. Devs, you should fix it, so that nobody will have to go through it again, please. I just killed them in one go with 2-3 meteor attacks from a powerful wizard to speed things up.
sarabi

Post by sarabi »

Yeah I just found it after a few minutes searching, it is there, it can just be very hard to see if it lands on a lava grate because they're both giving off fairly similar particle effects.

(p.s, I also found lockpicks, so don't worry that somehow they've 'transmuted', they're both there)