[Spoilers] Any secrets in the first area?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
jwdenzel

[Spoilers] Any secrets in the first area?

Post by jwdenzel »

Just got the game. In LoG1, there was a secret door directly behind the starting point. I haven't found a similar thing on the opening beach yet. Has anybody found anything?
Sarumorpheus

Re: [Spoilers] Any secrets in the first area?

Post by Sarumorpheus »

There were at least 2 secrets (maybe 3). There's one chest to the left right after the first iron gate. I believe one of the others was finding the golden key that grants access to the "bonus room" before the beach boss. Can't remember in great detail, though, apologies.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

I know of one secret at least, right near where you start (sort of).
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

Just played first area and abit of forrest here's what I found.
SpoilerShow
- There is a hidden chest on on the beach with second (and third) turtle -> walk out in water and turn left.
- With shovel you can dig up treasure next tree near crystal (as describe in a note) or was that the main quest where you get the sword?)
- there is a atleast one secret button in dungeon areas which opens path to an extra beach with treasure and turtles if i remeber correctly
- You can put the sword in both statues, the statue next to ship opens up area where you get a to get key to another open area
That's all I remeber for now ther emight have been others. In "forrest" area (which I'm playing now) there are lots and lots of hidden buttons I've found (2 different types).
Last edited by aaneton on Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Grimrock mod (LoG1): The Onkalo Project
My Android (and windows desktop) game: Balloon Gentleman
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Psst! Use the spoiler tags! (Even though the subject says spoilers!) :lol:
aaneton wrote:Just played first area and abit of forrest.
SpoilerShow
- There is a hidden chest on on the beach with second (and third) turtle -> walk out in water and turn left.
- With shovel you can dig up treasure next tree near crystal (as describe in a note) or was that the main quest where you get the sword?)
- there is a atleast one secret button in dungeon areas if i remeber correctly
- You can put the sword in both statues, the statue next to ship opens up area where you get a to get key to another open area
That's all I remeber for now ther emight have been others. In "forrest" area (which I'm playing now) there are lots and lots of hidden buttons I've found (2 different types).
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
FrEEsiD

Post by FrEEsiD »

Hello all,
Is not a secret but it's very helpfull before the first challenge... (hard, ironmode with just 1 save per crystal)
1 Energy potion is buried just before the altar the statue opens ... behind the chest buried .
@+