Keep dying in the Ruins of Desarune; am I under-leveled?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
HIMALAYANs

Keep dying in the Ruins of Desarune; am I under-leveled?

Post by HIMALAYANs »

I finished LoG 1 and started with 2, and after going through Twigroot Forest I headed East to the Ruins of Desarune. The fighting that takes place there is pretty hard, but I managed to beat all the skeletons, Ice monsters and crabs and grab the Power Fragment (the shiny levitating thing I believe).

But when I go downstairs, there are new kinds of enemies, like ratlings, and there are so many of them + all the previous monsters. I think I'm under-leveled or my tactics are not good enough. I did manage to beat LoG 1 and I have decent experience in RPG/dungeon crawlers in general, so I'm puzzled why it's taking me so long to finish one dungeon.

Was it a mistake to start with Ruins of Desarune? Should I travel somewhere else where the monsters are easier and try to level up? Or do the enemies level up with me, so I don't gain much?
minmay

Re: Keep dying in the Ruins of Desarune; am I under-leveled?

Post by minmay »

Enemies don't level up.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
PSY

Re: Keep dying in the Ruins of Desarune; am I under-leveled?

Post by PSY »

Maybe you went in there a bit early.

Check out this thread to see in which order ( more or less ) I visited the different locations.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7451
https://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return