Racial Fruits

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
ByFstugan

Racial Fruits

Post by ByFstugan »

I read there are racial fruits and I'm just playing my first game. I have both an Insectoid (Horned fruit), a Lizardman (Egg) and a Ratling (Cheese) in my party and I've always given them the right kind of food, but also mixed with others or else they'd starve. Now I wonder - I have never noticed anyone get any bonus, no sound or notification of any kind. Though I don't know my stats (didn't check for changes), but are there no notification? Or do one have to eat ONLY that kind of food 3 times in a row (+1 each time) to get the bonus?
FennerMachine

Re: Racial Fruits

Post by FennerMachine »

You can feed your party members anything you want.
You can feed 1 cheese to a ratling followed by anything then more cheese until it has eaten 3 or 3 cheese in one go, it doesn't matter. The racial food eaten is remembered.
You get an audible notification, a squeak for a ratling, and a message telling you what attribute it gained.
ByFstugan

Re: Racial Fruits

Post by ByFstugan »

Hmm... strange, I've never noticed it and I KNOW I've eaten at least 5 horned fruits... probably just missed it I guess... thx for answer :)

EDIT:
I later heard some strange sounds and also saw the texts with what was given when eating the racial food, so must have missed it before.