Pasting scripts into the console

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Zo Kath Ra

Pasting scripts into the console

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

I'm playing LoG2 under Windows XP with SP 3.

When I paste a script into the console with Ctrl-V, LoG2 removes all line breaks.
It would be better if it converted them into spaces.

This script

Code: Select all

for i = 1, 10 do
    for j = 1, 10 do
        print("test")
    end
end
is converted to

Code: Select all

for i = 1, 10 do    for j = 1, 10 do        print("test")    endend
which produces an error.
Isaac

Re: Pasting scripts into the console

Post by Isaac »

Zo Kath Ra wrote:3d automap
Non-trivial to implement and more appropriate for a sci-fi game, but it would be really useful in levels with floors above floors.
I much preferred the original map implementation from LoG1. With that design, by allowing the designer to define the map name, and/or insert arbitrary pages, and/or allowing designers to define [2d] regions of the map as offset (replacing unused tiles in the 32x32 map; as seen in EoB1&2), the designer can add subfloors to the map in the way that an explorer might draw them.
Zo Kath Ra wrote:When I paste a script into the console with Ctrl-V, LoG2 removes all line breaks.
It would be better if it converted them into spaces.
This would be good to have. Presently, I just add a space at the end of each line. One way to do this automatically, is to copy/paste any carriage return character from the script, and choose to 'replace all' with [paste] carriage return and a space.
Zo Kath Ra wrote:Maps that wrap.
I would like this as well. It would be nice to have custom targets for exits, that would allow for wrapped passages. Although it is possible even in LoG1, to fake this with tricks.
Zo Kath Ra wrote:Damage skins for monsters]
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12971&#91
This can be done now; by changing the monster material in the onBloodied, and/or onDamage hooks.