Grimrock 2 Mac Steam Beta

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
petri

Re: Grimrock 2 Mac Steam Beta

Post by petri »

2.2.4 has not been released yet, so that can't be it.

However, we removed the password for the beta branch. Could you try reselecting mac_beta in the betas tab? Leave the password field blank.

EDIT: apparently something broke when I removed password from the branch. Sorry about that. I added a new branch called "mac_beta2", it should work (no password required).
Lokagan

Post by Lokagan »

Game has been correctly updated on a new launch of steam, still in "mac-beta" branch... (not the new one "mac-beta2")
Sorry about the mistake on the version :lol: Now it is 2.2.3 !

The steam sync/update problem seems to be fixed now.
Frenchie

Post by Frenchie »

if you are a brave soul and don’t mind paying for beta software, you can also get immediate access to the beta if you buy the game from Steam now. Notice that Mac version icon is still missing on the Steam store page, it will be added when the final version is released.
I started up my Steam.app and it got updated. Legend of Grimrock 2 is on my follow and wish list. Even when I search for it I can't find a Mac version in the store with a PC icon. If I list Mac OS games it's not on the list either.

With the above statement do you "buy the game" you mean "buy the PC version" ? Then you have access to the beta, but will you also get the Mac version for free when it's final and how? A free Steam download with another key?
Lokagan

Post by Lokagan »

Frenchie wrote:
With the above statement do you "buy the game" you mean "buy the PC version" ? Then you have access to the beta, but will you also get the Mac version for free when it's final and how? A free Steam download with another key?
Yes, you "need" to buy the PC version to access the Grimrock 2 mac beta.
Generally speaking, in Steam, a game is multi support if available : buy once, play on any system ;)

[Edit] I'm french you can PM me if you need 8-)
petri

Post by petri »

Exactly, when you buy a game on Steam, you get it for all platforms supported by the game.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Many thanks Petri for the improved error reporting with the serialization. When you have long and complicated scripts, it's easy to make a mistake and then finding it the next time you export the dungeon can take a LONG time!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Washac

Post by Washac »

If the Mac Beta was not on Steam then I would join in the testing, sorry but I have no time for Steam or its business ethics.
Avantir

Post by Avantir »

I just got the Beta and played through Shipwreck Beach. Found three issues/bugs:

1. The rocks that block your access to the open sea along the shoreline are missing. You still can't walk there, but all that's visibly blocking your path is a bit of seaweed and in some cases, nothing at all.

2. If you have Old School Mode turned on, the tutorial will still tell you to press Tab to open the map.

3. I went through the wind tunnel (To get the ornate key) and fought the turtle thereafter. I used two darts in the fight, and I'm pretty sure he dropped two darts, but when I removed them from my character's hand to put a sling there, I somehow had only 1 dart. Checked all over the area and found nothing. Something ate my dart.

Other than it's great. Thanks for Mac support! :D
kyubajin

Post by kyubajin »

I've been playing for around 5 hour now and have some very annoying and constant graphical glitches. All the combat animation and sparkles are produced on top of the enemies as opposed to directly coming from them. Also, sometimes the fiery sparkles that confirm the kill don't show up at all.
no gods or kings only man
petri

Post by petri »

kyubajin wrote:I've been playing for around 5 hour now and have some very annoying and constant graphical glitches. All the combat animation and sparkles are produced on top of the enemies as opposed to directly coming from them. Also, sometimes the fiery sparkles that confirm the kill don't show up at all.
Sounds like driver / overheating problem. What are the specs (hardware and OS version) of your Mac? Do the glitches occur both with low and high quality rendering settings?