Feel like I got the rug pulled out from under me :(

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Azel

Re: Feel like I got the rug pulled out from under me :(

Post by Azel »

I found the Lyndworm to be too easy. I beat him in my first try during the 3rd wave. And not because I'm such a good gamer... but because the recipe to kill him was obvious, and pretty much works the same way as dozens of other games across multiple genres. Survive a wave of enemies/obstacles, wait for the invulnerability to pass, then kill. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Also, this is not the final boss. There are 2 other boss fights after this, depending on the choice you make. I actually found the real final boss to be much, much harder. It took me a few tries.
otosnede

Post by otosnede »

Azel wrote:I found the Lyndworm to be too easy. I beat him in my first try during the 3rd wave. And not because I'm such a good gamer... but because the recipe to kill him was obvious, and pretty much works the same way as dozens of other games across multiple genres. Survive a wave of enemies/obstacles, wait for the invulnerability to pass, then kill. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Also, this is not the final boss. There are 2 other boss fights after this, depending on the choice you make. I actually found the real final boss to be much, much harder. It took me a few tries.
I keep reading that, but... for me, I went through that portal on the far end and my crew started walking out to the boat and that was it... oh well... I'm gonna play again at some point and will make some different choices.
minmay

Post by minmay »

The True Final Boss is always available, regardless of the choices you make. You don't need to restart the game to reach it.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Frenchie

Post by Frenchie »

Some people even managed it in solo hard mode, see here, but that only works if you you where to go and avoid damage as much as possible.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

otosnede wrote:I think the only thing that did was make me feel even more inferior... thanks for the input! ;)
Got rocked hard by the "secret" end boss a couple of times though if that makes you feel any better. :mrgreen:
Firia

Post by Firia »

otosnede wrote: I'm okay not being the master Grimrocker, I'm just glad I was able to finally feel like I finished the game...
Not quite... ;) Close though. The Dragon ain't got sh*t on the final challenge. I hope you saved up healing potions!

I should also point out that putting some distance between you and the dragon will cause him to lose sight of you. I didn't have a light source when I tried this, so that might make things like back stabs much easier on you in future play-throughs.
2_hype

Post by 2_hype »

Nothing too hard about the boss. If you've beaten the souls games you should know how to change strategy by now. :lol:
Anurias

Post by Anurias »

2_hype wrote:Nothing too hard about the boss. If you've beaten the souls games you should know how to change strategy by now. :lol:
Wow, really? Comparing this with the souls games? I don't see any posts here claiming someone beat the souls games and having issues with the difficulty of this game, so bringing that up sounds to me like you're just trying to boast about yourself and make people who found this game difficult feel small and insignificant. Way to be a shining specimen of humanity there.
otosnede

Post by otosnede »

Anurias wrote:
2_hype wrote:Nothing too hard about the boss. If you've beaten the souls games you should know how to change strategy by now. :lol:
Wow, really? Comparing this with the souls games? I don't see any posts here claiming someone beat the souls games and having issues with the difficulty of this game, so bringing that up sounds to me like you're just trying to boast about yourself and make people who found this game difficult feel small and insignificant. Way to be a shining specimen of humanity there.
Man, I think you totally missed the point there, so let me explain... I merely added that in there to avoid the "you're just a n00b, go play a kids game" response comments. I play some pretty hard core games, was my point, so I'm accustomed to getting beat down in a game, but that was proving very challenging for me (a non-boastful, self-professed show of humility).

I apologize if you got something else out of that than what was intended.
Anurias

Post by Anurias »

Actually, I didn't recall you having said anything about the souls games in your opening post and I somehow didn't look that far back in the thread when I thought I had. My post was specifically addressing 2_hype's apparently laughing at your having found the last boss to be difficult. I didn't feel it was appropriate for someone to be laughing at another because they found something difficult. Also if anyone wants to claim that he's not laughing, then an animated emoticon laughing not meaning that someone is laughing about something is a new one on me. I admit I'm not very good at understanding the meaning behind emoticons but that seems pretty obvious to me.