Beta 2.1.18

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
petri

Beta 2.1.18

Post by petri »

Beta 2.1.18 is now available on Steam for testing. This build fixes the elevation of a healing crystal in Wormbound Catacombs level.
Batty

Re: Beta 2.1.18

Post by Batty »

I'm sorry to belabor this :oops: but when fixing the Etherweed description a "for" was removed from in front of "the beautiful blue glow...":
SpoilerShow
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

The pain never ends.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I meant to get this in before the next beta patch, but it is the case that if a PC happens to be immobile (overburdened) when petrified... they stay immobile until restored... but the only way to do that [afaik] is to reach a crystal; and you can't, because you cannot move the party.

*It doesn't matter if you un-equip everything and empty the inventory... the party cannot move.
Decayer

Post by Decayer »

If you melee attack a monster och obstacle that's in the same square as a blocker, your attacks don't connect. You don't even get a "miss" message.
petri

Post by petri »

Decayer wrote:If you melee attack a monster och obstacle that's in the same square as a blocker, your attacks don't connect. You don't even get a "miss" message.
How does the monster end up inside the blocker? How can we reproduce the problem here?
Decayer

Post by Decayer »

petri wrote:
Decayer wrote:If you melee attack a monster och obstacle that's in the same square as a blocker, your attacks don't connect. You don't even get a "miss" message.
How does the monster end up inside the blocker? How can we reproduce the problem here?
Well, they could be placed or spawned on the blocker; I sometimes spawn monsters in shafts and let them drop down for effect, and the blocker's there so there won't be other monsters in the tile that would get goomba stomped by them. I should add that this thing isn't something I've noticed in the main campaign.
petri

Post by petri »

Decayer wrote:
petri wrote:
Well, they could be placed or spawned on the blocker; I sometimes spawn monsters in shafts and let them drop down for effect, and the blocker's there so there won't be other monsters in the tile that would get goomba stomped by them. I should add that this thing isn't something I've noticed in the main campaign.
Ok, I've added this to bug list, but this is not high priority because it does not happen in main campaign and can be worked around in mods (e.g. disable the blocker when spawning the monster).
Montis

Post by Montis »

Decayer wrote:
petri wrote:
Wouldn't it work to make a monster-only activated invisible pressure plate at that spot that removes the blocker?
When destiny calls, the chosen have no choice.

My completed dungeon (LoG1): Hypercube
Decayer

Post by Decayer »

Wouldn't it work to make a monster-only activated invisible pressure plate at that spot that removes the blocker?
Yes, but this was from an encounter where enemies would drop down from shafts repeatedly, so I'll have to make the pressure plates disable the blockers, then re-enable them when the monster moves away, and then I'd have the pressure plates to clean up. It should work, it's just annoying to work with.